Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since she played this one for a couple of times, I'm just wondering will she be there again this year?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

photo from last year :)

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Well..her name is listed on the website...so I guess she is playing after all, but you cant really blame her, its not like she has won that many matches this year...

She is probably trying to make up for her slow start

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
Please no Jelena. She did that too last year trying to make up for her results. I hope she pulls out because she is still playing the same amount of tournaments compared to last year.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I hope she doesn't...even though she hasn't played that many matches this year (despite playing 10 tournaments), she really does need this week off to prepare properly IMO....also, she does need to start cutting down on her events for people to start taking her seriously.

I know that she was the finalist here last year, so has points to defend, but i hope she can get a couple of good results before then to make up for it, so she doesn't feel like she NEEDS to play here.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I don't think she should, but wouldn't be surprised if she did as she made the final here last year and then the QF at RG.

But I hope for Jelena's sake she doesn't play here she has to think about the remainder of the season not just about the next month.

She has stated she'll take the week before a Grand Slam off so I don't think she will.
In that case do you think she will play Eastbourne??

·
52,159 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
I don't think she should, but wouldn't be surprised if she did as she made the final here last year and then the QF at RG.

But I hope for Jelena's sake she doesn't play here she has to think about the remainder of the season not just about the next month.

In that case do you think she will play Eastbourne??
No. Her most likely schedule for the grass season is to defend her Birmingham title and then take a week off.

However, I think for the grass season only, Jelena should skip Birmingham and play Eastbourne instead. The points that she'll drop won't matter because she most likely won't be seeded 8 or better and she really needs a rest before making a surface change.

·
63,748 Posts
I never liked Eastbourne ;) I always like 's-Hertogenbosch :p

I rather to see her to defend her Birmingham title then either week break or playing 's-Hertogenbosch ;)

·
52,159 Posts
Now that Jelena had an awful 2 weeks at Berlin and Rome, I wouldn't count her out of Strasbourg. Although I sincerely hope she skips this and takes time to rethink her gameplan and retool her game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts