Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Well she hasent many points to defend for the rest of, well a year! She climbed up the rankings for the first time in ages.

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
um i dont see why she can't. she has about 300 points to defend the rest of the year, and surely she can amass the same amount or maybe even more, and now that she's low in the rankings, she can gain bonus points off of people

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
the problem for dokic is that even though she hasn't got many points to defend from now on, her ranking will mean that she is more than likely to get some very tough draws in these indoor tournaments. she really needs to get some points in thhese asian tournaments she is playing in order to make she goes in with a slightly higher ranking, although ultimately it probably wouldn't make much difference.

when in form i think indoors is maybe her best surface, so she potentially could gain points, but who knows with her

·
Registered
151,758 Posts
Yes, she has played at the AO! One year she lost to Kuti-Kis in the first round (and promptly called her a "non-player"). The next year she drew Davenport in the first round and claimed that the draw was rigged. She lost to Davenport too.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
banana said:
her best result is a 3rd loss to hingis in 1999, 6-1 6-2 i think, not too sure
These days, a third round loss would be her best result all year.

I just do not think that Jelena is going to snap out of it. All of the big players have had slumps, but come on, this has lasted a whole year now. I think Jelena has burnt out. If she decides to go to Australia...well, it will be a waste of airfare. Her and Stevenson should book the same room. I'm sure some hotel will give them a good rate for just one night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.