Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks playing in a row and getting to the final stages...although she has one week off, not technically becuz she will go to Paris and begin practice, do you guys think she will burn out and suffer an early exit at the French?

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
The more you hope she will, the more likely she would not. I say she makes second week at least.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Hopefully...

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
She might be :eek: Hope not and she wins RG to make WTA more competitive:)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Look at Wozniacki. Did she miss out on any week?
And not to mention Dinara is the fittest player on tour.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Safina will burn out and not take home a RG title. I predict she'll crash and burn but not in the first round. it all depends on the draw.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
No. To avoid any confusion, I'm a Sarapova fan, he/she is a Ivanovic fan.

:lol: I asked that coz some people do have two or three poster names and support themselves. lolllll. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
114,803 Posts
I won't be surprised at any of the top 10 losing early in Paris.
Wide open major

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,291 Posts
I suppose hypotheticallly it could be a factor. Remember last year before her surge at RG, she played very little clay-court tennis leading up to it. She only played one red clay-court event which was Berlin (which she won). Therefore she was relatively fresh.

This year she's played three clay events on the trot, and no match has come that easy at all. Saying that though, Safina looks in tremendous physical shape. I can't actually see Safina's fitness being the thing to let her down.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I mean, many players aren't taking Madrid Open seriosuly. They want to conserve energy for the French. Just look at the withdraws and early retirement. Can't say I blame them either.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I hope she doesn't but wouldn't be too suprised if all the matches she's been playing lately take their toll and she loses early at RG. Then again wouldn't be surprised if any of the other top players lose early either, they've all been very inconsistent this year:shrug:

·
Registered
114,803 Posts
There are 3 matches then a week off.
Her schedule is no excuse. If she loses in Paris it's not because she made finals a month earlier

1 - 20 of 53 Posts