Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratch: Daveport and Pierce's names are still on the list to play at Amelia Island. Are they playing, are is this another publicity and ticket revenue stunt? :scratch:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Lindsay loves Amelia island and for her sake I hope she does cause she has very good results there

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
All I know is, I've blown almost $2K to be there all week, and I better see better than Patty Schnyder and Nadia Petrova as the top seeds.

I'm thinking Justine might play now given she was a second round casualty and Martina hinted, I believe, in an Indian Wells interview that whether she played any post-Miami tournaments depended on how she did in Miami. Either one/both salvage the tournament.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
linds won't, pierce will i bet. what a weak field...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tennisboi said:
Lindsay loves Amelia island and for her sake I hope she does cause she has very good results there
She is defending champion and played incredible tennis there last year. I enjoyed seeing her play this tournament in 05', hope her back is alright.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Lindsay's been told to rest for 6 weeks and that started only a week ago so I think there buckelys and none chance of her playing in other words no she won't play.

·
Banned
1,931 Posts
Mary doesn't play those games anymore.
If her foot allows it, she'll be there. Each day is touch-and-go; she and David are working to put the tendonitis back to rights. They're in Paris and Mauritius, training and recuperating.
She's a pro--she'll do what she must.

Go, Mary Caroline, go!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I hope Lindsay can play another week and take off the clay court season, and hoping Pierce can return also :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts