Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I really can't understand so many posts about Bibi and her body lmao. A huge part of her game is her strength and a ton of that comes from her core and legs. You know all those low balls Bibi gets really low on, kind of like Kerber and Wozniacki did a ton of? Bibi can do that but she can actually attack while doing so.

I really don't understand the questions about her fitness. If the argument is "she always looks exhausted" well yeah that's how she always looks. This entire season there's been one single match where I didn't see her look like this (Garbine's demolition) It's clearly her thing. In the end during the actual points she looks completely fine.

Bibi is already one of the best athletes on tour. Obviously you can always get fitter, just like you can always improve your game. She doesn't need to make big changes though.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I really can't understand so many posts about Bibi and her body lmao. A huge part of her game is her strength and a ton of that comes from her core and legs. You know all those low balls Bibi gets really low on, kind of like Kerber and Wozniacki did a ton of? Bibi can do that but she can actually attack while doing so.
She gets down on one knee for the one-timer slapper, bar down and celly boys.

·
Registered
926 Posts
What's all this 'bibi' business - she's not your friend :lol: she's a teenager, most of you are probably middle aged.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Expect Bianca's body to be even fitter and leaner in the near future. Now Bianca has a platoon of professionals in her team. Her physio is Kirstin Bauer since after RG. She took care of Bianca's shoulder pretty well. Bauer was working previously with Vesnina when she won the doubles titles in Indian wells and Wimbledon with Makarova.

·
Registered
16,279 Posts
If she gets anorexic like Svitolina or Hantuchova, she will have no weight to her shots. Sometimes, being obese like Bartoli or a little chunky like Townsend can be advantageous in tennis
In women's tennis.

In men's, being skinner than the average athlete is better (see Djokovic, Medvedev owning the tour right now). But the women seem to tend to be on the fatter side unless they are very tell girls. Those can afford to be slim.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
In women's tennis.

In men's, being skinner than the average athlete is better (see Djokovic, Medvedev owning the tour right now). But the women seem to tend to be on the fatter side unless they are very tell girls. Those can afford to be slim.
This.
Even being too tall is a disadvantage except for the serve. They are slower movers than the best defenders because they are heavier from the extra height. Delpo and Raonic come to mind

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
How is she one of the best athletes on tour when she spends more time on the physio table than playing tennis?

Being healthy consistently is also part of athleticism.

·
Premium Member
Naomi Osaka, Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
4,791 Posts
Bibi will be allright. I think she will get fitter. I'd love to see her winning Roland Garros one Day. Her Game really suits Clay I think. Too bad she missed the entire Clay Season this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts