Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and will it be this one...?

and will Eggy ever recover if that occurs...:p :p

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I sincerely hope so, I really do. But it will most likely be Ferrero, and I can accept that. Either way, it's a new Slam winner which is always good to have. And by the time someone has reached a Grand Slam final, can you really call them a Mr. Nobody anymore?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
walee where on earth do you get the idea that i consider Ferrero a Mr. Nobody? :confused: that is absolutely untrue. Ferrero HAS won titles and is well-known on the tour. no-one on this board -- including myself -- have ever relegated him to the "Mr. Nobody" category. he was the finalist last year for frick's sake! AND the favorite this year from the start of the tourny.

the Mr. Nobody in question is Ververk. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know you mean Verkerk. But since some of you called the collective group of these new guys Generation Nobody, so it fits that theory. Perhaps it was't you who called them Gen N. So apologise if I've mistaken that it was you.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it was ys. i didn't even participate in that thread bec i never understood the point to be honest. so no it wasn't me. the only Mr. Nobody playing on Sunday is Ververk.

now back to my question: will Ververk be the next Johansson? :p

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Big serve, placid character, Northern European... why not? Nothing would be better as far as I'm concerned.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
One of them will be crowned, now it is inavoidable..
Here is the last name of the winner..

-er-er-

Try to guess it..

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I would love to see someone serve and volley in the RG final!!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
...and win!

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Well, Verkerk to me isn't in the "Mr. Nobody" catagory after his performances on both clay and carpet this year. Even Mal said he was a "dark horse" to win the French Open.

Also, he's a serve and volleyer so he has the opportunity to do will on other surfaces. Even Johnny Mac said he's one to watch at Wimbledon!

This may be the year of the Verkerk. New Balls watch out!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so what? you expect me to change the name of my thread to "will a Dark Horse ride thru RG this weekend"??

or would you prefer "Shall a Serve-n-volleyer Spank Sushi on Sunday"? :p :p

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Will the Mosquito bite the Face;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
TC, Verkerk will be better than Johansson, who is a fine player when healthy. Verkerk has the weapons to be in the top 10 and be a contender at all 4 grand slam tournaments. He became committed to tennis and his fine results show that.

And Verkerk is still a Mr. Nobody to the average tennis fan. And to some serious tennis fans, too! :eek:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
will the Jerk squash the Mosquito?

is Sushi a popular dish in Holland? ;)

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
tennischick said:
will the Jerk squash the Mosquito?

is Sushi a popular dish in Holland? ;)