Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to use a sports psychologist? It's obvious that using a sports psychologist has helped Yagudin. When Yevgeny Pluschenko beat Yagudin in last years World Championships, I never thought Yagudin would ever be the equal to Pluschenko again. But I was wrong. And Yagudin thinks using a sports psychologist has helped him become the best figure skater he can be. I think it was wrong for Yagudin's former coach, Alexei Mishin, to intimate tha Yagudin is weak for using a sports psychologist. It's very likely that Yagudin's sports psychologist has played a role in his resurgence. Is it time for other Russian athletes to use a sports psychologist? I think so. And I wish certain Russian tennis players had a sports psychologist. Over the years, I've heard that it's not easy being Russian. Their people and country have been through alot. And then alot of Russian athletes become famous and make alot of money. I realize that money and fame can change anyone. Not just Russians. If Alexei Yagudin has proven that using a sports psychologist has helped him, will other Russian athletes follow suit? I would obviously appreciate the Russian point of view.

Udachi Alexei! Win the gold tonight. And I hope Yevgeny Pluschenko comes back to fine form and take the silver. Being that Yagudin and Pluschenko don't like each other, I think seeing both of them stand on the podium and have to greet each other would be very interesting.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
They will great each other in any case. Even if they are not like each other they are professional enough not to show it openly.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sartrista, I hope Anna and Elena will take on a sports psychologist. But I wouldn't count on it. They are going in the wrong direction.

Freshy, it would be interesting to see Yagudin and Pluschenko have to greet each other. But Yevgeny needs to skate well just to take a medal home. I hope they finish 1-2.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's right Umpire. Thanks for reminding me. And a sports psychologist has helped her. Irina's career was in a trouble a couple of years ago. Now she is either the best or second best woman figure skater in the world. That's quite an improvement.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
But Yevgeny needs to skate well just to take a medal home.
I think he can risk even a fall in the FP to finish ahead of Goebel and Honda. His program has more depth and is more artistic.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
But Pluschenko will have another Olympics. In Solt-Lake I desperately want a podium finish for Sasha Abt. He skates his best this season and deserves a medal. Please, Sasha. Do it for all your fans.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
freshy, Abt is going to become an American citizen. How do you feel about that? Who would you have win a medal. Pluschenko or Abt?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts