Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet it never even occurred to Baldy that he would lose in the 1st round... he was banking on getting to at least the 3rd round in his preparation for RG... now 1 match is definitely not ideal prep for any1.. so my thinking is.. is he gonna ask for a WC to play Hamburg?
I think he will... what do you folks think?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Imagining what the organiser in Hamburg will think if AA ask for a WC. He did rub the organiser's in the face last year when he withdrew after winning Rome!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why did he need a WC? He's in automatically and he hasn't pull out yet. I know what you mean though, is he gonna show up in Hamburg? I think yes bcos otherwise he won't be getting any practice on European clay before the French.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
walee said:
Why did he need a WC? He's in automatically and he hasn't pull out yet. I know what you mean though, is he gonna show up in Hamburg? I think yes bcos otherwise he won't be getting any practice on European clay before the French.
Is that right? My mistake then...well hopefully he plays in Hamburg.. for my sake :)

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
imo, he shoudln't. he should take this embarassing loss and work hard for the next 2 weeks leading up to the French Open.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naldo said:
imo, he shoudln't. he should take this embarassing loss and work hard for the next 2 weeks leading up to the French Open.
How is he gonna work hard? Practice with Jaden and Steffi? .. He can practice all he likes... but it ain't the same as real competition...
He needs real match situations to get the andrenalin pumping... now that he has tasted defeat again.... he'll play harder...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Naldo said:
If he loses early in Hamburg, he will have another 2 weeks to practice hard before French.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts