Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MAIN DRAW WC (my guesses)
1. Parmentier (unless she make MD, very close)
2. Lim
3. Dodin
4. Hesse
5. Johansson
6. Ferro
7. Australian WC - Dellacqua or Gajdosova
8. US WC

But then there is still Georges, Foretz, and Razzano :eek:
They could also want to reward another junior besides Ferro but I don't see that happening :tape:
ANNOUNCED:

MDWC:

Tessah ANDRIANJAFITRIMO (FRA)
Océane DODIN (FRA)
Myrtille GEORGES (FRA)
Amandine HESSE (FRA)
Alizé LIM (FRA)
Virginie RAZZANO (FRA)
Taylor TOWNSEND (USA)*
Australian

QWC:

Manon ARCANGIOLI (FRA)
Lou BROULEAU (FRA)
Fiona FERRO (FRA)
Stéphanie FORETZ (FRA)
Chloé PAQUET (FRA)
Shérazad REIX (FRA)
Margot YEROLYMOS (FRA)
Australian

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It could be Razzano's last RG so she might get a WC (and honestly I'd rather she gets a WC than Hesse or Ferro who have not done anything yet in their career (I like them but...).

I think Parmentier might get in the MD - she is in great form. If she does, my guesses are:

MDWC:
Dodin
Lim
Hesse
Georges (she would deserve a first WC after a significant ranking improvement)
Johansson
Razzano

QWC:
Reix
Foretz
Ferro
Paquet
Andrianjafitrimo (wish they would give her a MDWC though)
Last QWC is open: Ramialison/Arcangioli/Brouleau/Romeo/Boualem/Gervais. If they base their decision on recent results, I pick Gervais.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
It could be Razzano's last RG so she might get a WC (and honestly I'd rather she gets a WC than Hesse or Ferro who have not done anything yet in their career (I like them but...).

I think Parmentier might get in the MD - she is in great form. If she does, my guesses are:

MDWC:
Dodin
Lim
Hesse
Georges (she would deserve a first WC after a significant ranking improvement)
Johansson
Razzano

QWC:
Reix
Foretz
Ferro
Paquet
Andrianjafitrimo (wish they would give her a MDWC though)
Last QWC is open: Ramialison/Arcangioli/Brouleau/Romeo/Boualem/Gervais. If they base their decision on recent results, I pick Gervais.
Totally agree with you. These are exactly my picks! ;)

FFT has 8 WCs for qualifying (last year they gave 7 to French girls and 1 to Katerina Stewart).

If Ramialison doesn t jump back to top300 before the end of May, I think they ll give it to a youngster (Salas, Armitano, Muntean, Yerolymos) + don t forget about Feuerstein (SR?) or Rezai (if she can play...). I d pick Arcangioli for the yearly wtf FFT choice :)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Razzano & Parmentier are French Fed Favs
You would think they are certain WC's (If Pauly isn't in the MD by herself, it will be close)

Presuming she is in; I hope they award the following:

1. Lim (good year, despite a crapy couple of weeks)
2. Hesse (good year, good RG last year, like Alize, despite an average few months)
3. Dodin (certain wc. The next great white French hope, despite a pretty bad year to date and bad clay results)
4. Johansson ( liked by FFT)
5. Australia (most likely Dellaqua. Outside chance for Barty)
6. USA- presuming USTA will use the same criteria and award it to the Green Clay ITF winner
7 Probably Razzano (waste but will get one)
8. Georges or Pacquet. REal improvement from Myrtle but @ 25, maybe will be overlooked. I like Chloe, has improved but maybe not enough

Others......
Reix: Like Georges, ranking move but older, seems like a partier reading articles.....Maybe a QDWC
Ferro- other than Dodin, seen as a big hope but has really rrslaly struggled of late. More likely a QDMC.
Arcangioli and deBernardi- 1994 girls, like Pacquet. Haven't improved as much as they would have liked. QWCs at best
Andrianjafitrimo- like Ferro and lesser extent Paquet, Arcangioli and deBernardi -future hope for France maybe a chance but more likely a QWC
Feuerstein- on comeback, more likely a QWC bc others have more merit.
Foretz- She is a sweetie. Has FFT support but at her age and rank, couldn't possibly be more than a QDWC, even if it is her swansong

As much I love her and she is so good to watch when she is on, Rezai has not played for soo long to be considered for a WC, of any sort

·
Registered
182 Posts
I Think Parmentier might get in the MD.

MDWC:
Dodin
Lim
Hesse
Georges
Johansson
Razzano

QWC:
Ferro
Andrianjafitrimo
Brouleau
Ramialison
And for the last Paquet (in bad form) or Gervais (in good form!)

I think Sherazad Reix and Stéphanie Foretz might get in the Q

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Dellacqua surely has to show a bit more than a 1-6, 0-6 loss to Pironkova before being considered for a MD WC :unsure: Even Wolfe would be a better choice (and in her current form, Wolfe is also undeserving). TA should hand their WC back again unless one of those two actually posts GOOD results over the clay season.

Schnyder's results so far haven't been befitting of a Slam WC. If Vaidisova never got one in her comeback, I don't think Schnyder will.

It looks like Parmentier will get DE so I'd go with:

MD -

Lim - bit of a blah choice as she's not the level of player who should be getting so many free Slam tickets, but she's the highest-ranked FRA not in the MD at the moment
Dodin - wary of making her feel reliant on or entitled to WCs given her failure to progress, but she's made good use of them in the past and is young enough to still be considered promising
Hesse - got too many WCs in the past but has stepped up a level at last, it seems
Georges - progress has been gradual but she's broken the top 200 at last
Badosa Gibert - I still think junior champions should get a WC the following year. Embarrassing for the FFT that Kasatkina wasn't even given a QWC last year - look where she is now
Razzano - given her exploits in the past she'd probably deserve a sentimental last showing if it's her final year

Reix, Foretz, Paquet, Andrianjafitrimo and Ramialison could be in line for the last depending on their clay form. Don't think Johansson should get one and Ferro has had more than enough.

Those last few will probably make up the QWCs, other than them only Gervais and Boualem have had noticeable results this year, albeit only in 10Ks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
MDWC
1. Dodin
2. Hesse (she has R64 to defend..)
3. Georges
4. Andrianjafitrimo
5. Johansson
6. Razzano

QWC
Hard to tell because a lot of player
1. Reix for sure
2. Paquet
3. Ferro
4. Brouleau
5. Ramialison
6. Gervais

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
I hope they give Tessah a MDWC directly. She's someone on the way up of the rankings, unlike Razzano/Johansson that should proove themselves in qualies if they want to play in MD. They both are old and falling, there's no reward possible for helping them.

·
Registered
23,658 Posts
my guesses :

Lim, Hesse, Dodin, Razzano, Johansson, Goerges, even tho I would also like a MDWC for Tessah but I don't see that happening. anyway, it's better for her to win a few matches in Q then flop in R1 immediatelly :shrug:

I just hope they don't give overrated Ferro a WC :help:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I guess:
Lim, Dodin, Hesse, Johansson, Razzano, Ferro
I hope they give QWC to Aravane

·
Registered
17,907 Posts
As much I love her and she is so good to watch when she is on, Rezai has not played for soo long to be considered for a WC, of any sort
Yeah, sadly, she hasn't played last September, and isn't even on the entry lists for upcoming ITFs in France, so there's no way she should get an RG QWC. I wonder if she considers herself retired?

·
Premium Member
66,166 Posts
I really hope they don't screw Reix over like they did to Ramialison last year who was ranked like #240 but wasn't even given a QWC. :sobbing:

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Chirico deserves the US WC so much more than anyone who gets it playing those horrible green clay events

Louisa at least had the guts to go over and play with the big girls instead of picking easy points at home

1 - 20 of 64 Posts