Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
She asked for it and did not get it after her late results.. this is what I heard at least for her and Lechemia...

·
Registered
52,284 Posts
Reix was denied of a WC , even for qualies , last year too IIRC , while she was/is one of the closest Frenchies to make the Q draw on her own ranking ..
FFT must not like her for some obscure reason :eek:

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
The real scandal is PHM not getting a MDWC for his last FO while he's been a major actor of the tournament over the years (his 4th round against Agassi in 2002, his legendary match against Nadal in 2006, endind Guga's carreer in 2008, the 18-16 against Isner in 2012). He reached the 3rd round 7 times and is currently ranked 116.

Plus, they give a WC to Benneteau and say that it's because he played Davis Cup :spit: They forgot to say that Benneteau played in doubles and only because Herbert was injured. In their explanation, it sounds like Mathieu is blamed for not playing Davis Cup which is stupid as he's not even in the French top 10. Silly.

·
Registered
52,284 Posts
so, which is worse? Italian or French federation? :shrug:
we should have a poll :lol:

poor PHM, hopefully he gets through qualies

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
The real scandal is PHM not getting a MDWC for his last FO while he's been a major actor of the tournament over the years (his 4th round against Agassi in 2002, his legendary match against Nadal in 2006, endind Guga's carreer in 2008, the 18-16 against Isner in 2012). He reached the 3rd round 7 times and is currently ranked 116.

Plus, they give a WC to Benneteau and say that it's because he played Davis Cup :spit: They forgot to say that Benneteau played in doubles and only because Herbert was injured. In their explanation, it sounds like Mathieu is blamed for not playing Davis Cup which is stupid as he's not even in the French top 10. Silly.
Agree, and I thought Muller and Bonzi were very strange WCs. Moutet is a more promising youngster even if they wanted to focus on youth.

Bonzi had no results above Futures level this year but he does seem to be justifying the WC this week though.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Yeah. Lokoli, Bonzi and Muller are players that will never reach the top 50. It's a complete waste. Especially when you have future top players like Blancaneaux and Moutet (who just beat a top 100 player). But I guess it's a good thing. Blancaneaux and Moutet will be able to build something in quallies while the other three will get blasted R1 and forgotten till next year.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Reix being denied a WC is really infuriating. She is better than most of these girls, I mean, just look at the race. There must be something we don't know, because it makes no sense at all.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
FFT is a clique. If you don't fit, you don't get anything.

·
Premium Member
66,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Reix and Lechemia getting snubbed. :help: Not the first time they've done this though. I remember them not giving any kind of WC to Ramialison 2 (or 3?) years ago despite being the highest ranked player outside the Q cutoff and giving one to Tan who was a walking bye. :lol: At least she's an improved player this year.

I've watched Suvrijn play and she has a surprisingly fun game for someone who's never been in the top 350 but she had no business getting a QWC this year. Same with Cakarevic, though she's a few years younger at least.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Two of them are teenagers, you really need to check yourself for hating on players who have only just begun their careers.
Where is the hate? I know Fourlis is vaguely promising, and she and Wallace have been playing well at 25K level. (And Hon won that one 25K two years ago or something.) I'm just saying Aiava has nothing to prove against them, let alone the other hopeless scrubs in a field that's very far off GS MD level, at this point.

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
Where is the hate? I know Fourlis is vaguely promising, and she and Wallace have been playing well at 25K level. (And Hon won that one 25K two years ago or something.) I'm just saying Aiava has nothing to prove against them, let alone the other hopeless scrubs in a field that's very far off GS MD level, at this point.
:angel:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Fourlis d Rodionova 62 40 ret
Wallace d Cabrera 62 64

Final: Fourlis v Wallace

:eek:
:help:

Wallace has one win above 15K level in 2017, over an unranked WC in the Lleida 25K.

Fourlis's red clay record this year consists of a 25K QF and R2 (including a loss to Schmiedlova! Who does that in 2017?!), then a qualifying loss in a 60K :eek:

·
Registered
53,796 Posts
Please let it be Wallace. After Perez at the USO it would the second foreign GSWC in a row for a player who is still to crack the top 400 :spit:

·
Premium Member
21,306 Posts
Please let it be Wallace. After Perez at the USO it would the second foreign GSWC in a row for a player who is still to crack the top 400 :spit:
She's at 402 at the moment, so the 10 points she'd get in the MD would certainly help her get over the line :lol:

·
Registered
53,796 Posts
She's at 402 at the moment, so the 10 points she'd get in the MD would certainly help her get over the line :lol:
Go Izzy :hearts:

Just hope she does not switch back to GB by the time the grass arrives :eek:h:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts