·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Mirjana Lucic's website reports she has a qualifying wildcard :bounce:

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

In that case no idea who will get the wildcards :)

Well hopefully Mattek but I wouldnt be so sure about that (USTA havent been all that kind to her in the past)
Octagon own this event :wavey:

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I saw an obscure piece of news that Mauresmo is a MD wild card. Is that correct?
And also Sharapova is a MD wild card?

........ and any news on other WCs, either Q or MD?

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Sharapova is playing so she probably needed a Wildcard to enter it as she did not enter the draw before the deadline. Maybe the same with Mauresmo too.
Maybe someone like Rolle/Liu/Brengle/Oudin will get a Wildcard either qualifying or main draw?

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Masha S. don't need a wildcard, she got IN when Elena D. withdrew... so Gold/Silver wildcard are free yet...ithink.
.......... yeah I think so with Amelie too.
I wish there was somewhere to find WC info. They have already been awarded I"m sure, at least for Q. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,908 Posts
I think Mattek is already in Qualy; others are possibly Madison Brengle, Lauren Albanese, Amber Liu, Jessica Kirkland, Neha Uberoi, Alexandra Mueller, Alexandra Stevenson, Gail Brodsky.
Mueller has received a WC for the Jackson 25K main draw. I don't think she would have accepted that if she had the option of playing AI, so I think we can rule her out now.

And I really hope they won't waste one on Stevenson! She has shown NOTHING this year that would indicate she deserves an opportunity like that.

·
Premium Member
66,167 Posts
Mueller has received a WC for the Jackson 25K main draw. I don't think she would have accepted that if she had the option of playing AI, so I think we can rule her out now.

And I really hope they won't waste one on Stevenson! She has shown NOTHING this year that would indicate she deserves an opportunity like that.
Why, she almost beat Baczsinzky in Antwerp and she went on to the quarters or semis. :shrug: Not that I want a WC for her though.

·
Registered
17,908 Posts
საქართველო;12871587 said:
Why, she almost beat Baczsinzky in Antwerp and she went on to the quarters or semis. :shrug: Not that I want a WC for her though.
"ALMOST" doesn't count except in horseshoes. :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts