Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
34,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why isn't there a roof at least on the grandstand and courts 10 and 11?
why aren't there sheets to cover the courts when it starts raining like at wimbledon so that it doesn't take an hour to get the players on court?

this is so stupid :fiery:

· In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
But they still to be prepared, its incomprehensible that we dont have one freaking stadium with a roof, if not 2, nor that we dont have people put something down on the court once it starts raining to help alleviate the water ponding on the courts..... I hope Johnny Mac tears someone up about this and soon.........

· Registered
3,065 Posts
It's because the organisers are totally surprised and astonished when water starts coming out of the sky!

They spend hundreds of millions on stands but dont think to take ANY measures to guard against rain falling!

· Banned
1,632 Posts
croat123 said:
why aren't there sheets to cover the courts when it starts raining like at wimbledon so that it doesn't take an hour to get the players on court?

Preach!!!! I said the same thing on another topic. It make no sense cuz they keepin dryin it and then it rain again and then... :rolleyes: :fiery:

· Registered
3,332 Posts
croat123 said:

America is one of the wettest countries. We have the most extreme weather as in like hurricanes, tornadoes, flood, lightning. I think its idiot. After all that manpower of people getting on their knees and scrubbing the ground trying to get it wet, its rains again and there is no show of all that work. They need covers bad, i mean instead of 17 minutes of drying the court, it would take 5-10 minutes. I think its sooo funny watching those people on their knees with the blower scrubbing and then it starts raining again. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.