Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

What is going on? Sofiane starts a thread where everyone can express how they miss Kim and it was deleted from General Messages?

WHERE ELSE SHOULD THAT THREAD BE PUT???
In non-tennis?
Don't tell me that all thread referring specifically to Kim belong in the CCL? That does not make sense IMHO.

I notice that there is a thread in GM about Pierre-Yves, who is not even a player just the hubby of Justine HH.
If THAT thread can remain in GM (and as far as I am concerned, it definitely can), then the thread about Kim should be there as well.

You might have wanted Sofiane to be a bit more specific in the title, but that's all.

I would really want to know what the policy of the Administrators is when they decide a thread belongs in GM or not.

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
It was probably moved - not deleted, no need in overreacting - due to a large number of reported posts for that specific thread.

I think it should be in CCL, but as you say, lots more threads should be moved from GM then, and as Poe mentionned a few days ago - that would mean a total war :D People are so oversensitive on here. Jeebus, it's just a thread.

Well, i guess you wanted it back in GM? It's there.

Reactions: Hagar

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
per4ever said:
I think you should check the other threads here.. I think it's already discussed :eek:
it wasn't

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carot said:
It was probably moved - not deleted, no need in overreacting - due to a large number of reported posts for that specific thread.

I think it should be in CCL, but as you say, lots more threads should be moved from GM then, and as Poe mentionned a few days ago - that would mean a total war :D People are so oversensitive on here. Jeebus, it's just a thread.

OK, IT WAS NOT DELETED BUT MOVED, THAT WAS A TYPO FROM ME.

BUT: THE QUESTION REMAINS:

WHY?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
per4ever said:
I think you should check the other threads here.. I think it's already discussed :eek:
WHERE?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carot said:

GIVE US A REASON!!!

And what do you mean by "large number of reported posts"? I don't know what the hell you are talking about. This was a thread with a limited number of reactions.

Or tell us what can be posted in General Messages.

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Reactions: Sonja

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
Hagar, I think carot means a large number of people reported the post and requested it be moved to the CCL. Therefore one of the mods moved it based on those post reports.

After reading your post he moved it back with no problem. Why are you so angry?

Peace Hagar Peace, it wasn't meant to be a slight to Kim or her fans in any way.

Reactions: carot

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am angry because I fear that we will get a kind of segregation between fans of player A, B or C.
For me, one of the most important things about this forum is the feeling of belonging to a big community of tennis fans. So General Messages is the door through which I normally enter wtaworld.com and where I find all kind of people, Kim-fans and fans of other players.
If, in this concrete case, Sofiane would have posted his thread in the CCL, all the CCL-ers would have come in and have said that they also missed Kim. But that I already knew. Whereas Sofiane's thread gives a chance to everybody, not only Kim-fans, to say out loud that they want Kim to be back.

Example: I never enter the Serena fans forum, BUT if someone in General Messages starts a thread about her, I might contribute to it.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
carot said:
Please remember your words Above (About a less time-sensitive matter) the next time Venus (or esp. Serena) Set off a race war by simply playing in a "big event" SF or final (not against the other). And I then start a thread about how wrong that Is In GM, where said war is occuring. (Meaning, just so there's no confusion: yes, I'll want it to stay in GM).

·
***** Emeritus
42,008 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Please remember your words Above (About a less time-sensitive matter) the next time Venus (or esp. Serena) Set off a race war by simply playing in a "big event" SF or final (not against the other). And I then start a thread about how wrong that Is In GM, where said war is occuring. (Meaning, just so there's no confusion: yes, I'll want it to stay in GM).
And yes, we would probably still move it.

Remember this, carot has not only put it back because Hagar thought it was wrong to move it. He put it back because carot himself also thought it deserved to be in GM. Big difference.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
The Crow said:
And yes, we would probably still move it.

Remember this, carot has not only put it back because Hagar thought it was wrong to move it. He put it back because carot himself also thought it deserved to be in GM. Big difference.
Fair enough, avian one. So let me ask you (or carot, etc.) then: do YOU agree That The best place to Fight Fire (coming from "both sides of the net" BTW) re. a racewar in GM is there, while its happening?

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
just can't let it go, can you roger? my memory's not so good in my old age, but hasn't the crow already answered you about this?

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
GBFH said:
just can't let it go, can you roger? my memory's not so good in my old age, but hasn't the crow already answered you about this?
No wonder you're so into hockey, Amanda. You're like a backchecking forward shadowing me around the ice! :devil: Anyhow, our Fine Feathered Friend indeed answered my Initial Implication (by saying that Hagar's thread was returned to GM because carot-top agreed. Fine).

I then asked (either or both) if they didn't agree with me that a thread like mine Blasting Both sides during the cyber Race Riot in GM during the recent Carson SF and final doesn't belong where that's occuring. (I now only ask their opinion(s) not who should decide).

·
***** Emeritus
42,008 Posts
No it didn't belong there because it wasn't tennis related. And yes we know you mean well, but what did you expect to accomplish with that thread? Trolls will be trolls.

And please don't refer to me with FFF now. Thanks.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
The Crow said:
No it didn't belong there because it wasn't tennis related. And yes we know you mean well, but what did you expect to accomplish with that thread? Trolls will be trolls.
Of course some trolls participated in that Carson "racewar". But if you'll look @ threads (esp. the "really ugly" one deleted late Sat. nite, started by htm) you'll probably find "petrol bombs" were being thrown around by "established posters" Too. They are who I was appealing to, not trolls. ;)

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Of course some trolls participated in that Carson "racewar". But if you'll look @ threads (esp. the "really ugly" one deleted late Sat. nite, started by htm) you'll probably find "petrol bombs" were being thrown around by "established posters" Too. They are who I was appealing to, not trolls. ;)
and it still doesn't make it tennis related...

Reactions: GBFH
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.