Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venus runs down more balls than anybody and she is sick of losing to Serena. Nobody is good enough to beat Venus 6 times in a row!!!

Also Venus is hitting her forehand and serves better; like really going after them and not just topspinning them in.

If Venus plays this way she will have a lot of errors but her winners will balance out.

Venus will win the French Open!! :eek:

Any questions? :bounce:

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Well I would love it, but I think she's just trying to get her form back not to mention her timing. It's weird with Venus you never know, we shall have to wait and see.

Go V :bounce:

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you see the set point that Evie won? Venus hit a huge serve down the tee then missed a fh cc sitter.

evie run to her chair like she just hit an ace or something. anyway venus will miss some of those and make some. serena i think may lose to amelie or henin. bad luck for her both are on her side. i am looking forward to these matches.

both players will try to mix it up to throw serena off her game.

but i hope venus can get past kim who may be her only threat before the finals

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Williams v Williams, I predict in the final...this tourney is reminding me of Wimby 2000, with Venus playing sloppy tennis, and Serena being near perfect-until the semis:cool:

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Anton, I am with you but, given her current form, I'll wait to see if she gets past Capriati.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I think if they both reach the finals, Venus will win and quiet her (many) critics!!! Venus has the heart of a champion, and I think she realizes it's time to re-assert herself!!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
anton said:
The Capster has never beaten Venus and Jennifer is playing worse than ever so I don't see her upsetting Venus.
Ok, Anton, we'll see! Don't forget JenCap can revamp herself during a slam.

I hope you're right though.

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
robrich said:
I think if they both reach the finals, Venus will win and quiet her (many) critics!!! Venus has the heart of a champion, and I think she realizes it's time to re-assert herself!!

Venus should have won the Melbourne final. She played better than Serena and showed more courage and power. Venus' game fell apart in the last game and she made some errors to give Serena the match.

I think Venus will not give Serena this match should they play.

Serena is going:

D

O

W

N!! :wavey:

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TennisPower said:
Ok, Anton, we'll see! Don't forget JenCap can revamp herself during a slam.

I hope you're right though.
yes but Jennifer and Venus play almost the same exact game but venus volleys better, groundstrokes better, movement better, etc.

The only advantage Jennifer may have is maybe Jennifer's forehand is more consistent than Venus' forehand, but I think if venus serves well, Jennifer may take a set but i expect venus to come up with the win. surprised i picked venus? :p :cool:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Jennifer is playing very well in this tourney. I'll take it one match at a time.

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
Well my hope is that Venus just put up a good showing next round and advance without any injury. I think Venus is struggling with form and IMO this is a surface where she has to be on. There are people who can upset her and Serena here if they are not on their games.

We shall see what happens. Right now I'm not sure if Venus or Serena will win but it is very likely that they will. But if they hit too many errors and play erratic in the wrong matches then we might have a new winner.

I still have all the faith in the world in my faves!

Go Venus, Go Rena!!!! :D

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
harloo said:
Well my hope is that Venus just put up a good showing next round and advance without any injury. I think Venus is struggling with form and IMO this is a surface where she has to be on. There are people who can upset her and Serena here if they are not on their games.

We shall see what happens. Right now I'm not sure if Venus or Serena will win but it is very likely that they will. But if they hit too many errors and play erratic in the wrong matches then we might have a new winner.

I still have all the faith in the world in my faves!

Go Venus, Go Rena!!!! :D
well i am glad NBC will show the finals live. they finally grew a brain! who knew?! now espn needs to grow one.

anyway i hope venus will make the [email protected][email protected]!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
LOVE Venus, but I agree with harloo. V needs to somehow get more of her feel and confidence back by the time she gets to the 2nd week. When she's feeling on, she's actually more patient than Rena, and could possibly work the clay better. But right now her error rate is horrendous.

·
Registered
634 Posts
anton said:
I just dont see Jennifer beating Venus.

I can see Venus beating Venus but not Jennifer.
There's not only a Jennifer at the way to the final but also a certain Kim.

Do you people already forget her?

Ps. You're saying Venus should have won the Melbourne final. I say Kim should have won the semi-final. :p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts