Tennis Forum banner

Why so much trash talking by Rodriguez and Clijsters?

2K views 80 replies 19 participants last post by  jojoseph 
#1 ·
Lately, it seems that people want to bring a rift between Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters, two childhood friends from different parts of Belgium who have become world-class, top-ranked tennis players.

But the culprits, or so it seems, is not the media or even the two players, are Kim's father and Justine's coach.

My question is, why are the two players allowing this to happen? If I were either player, I would think either of them would tell both men to get their testosterone in check and zip it.

Frankly, I think both men are doing a major disservice to the two women they care about.

Does anyone agree with this?

#2 ·
It´s just that always when his daughter loses Lei has to open his big mouth and say something stupid.

After RG: Yeah, but the masters are bigger.
After Wimbledon: Venus wasn´t really injured.

And now this...can you say: SORE LOSER?!

Reactions: fleemke³
#5 ·
I think the two players are really behind this chaos and are using their poor coach and daddy as hapless dupes in this hidden Belgie battle.

I hope they end their battle and stop making these two guys look ridiculous to the world.

#6 ·
The true question is why are some people so desperate to make justine and kim friends when they are not.

#7 ·
Cybelle Darkholme said:
The true question is why are some people so desperate to make justine and kim friends when they are not.
That´s an even better question...maybe there just isn´t a Belgian-sisters thing.

#9 ·
Cybelle Darkholme said:
From the accounts that I have read, the two were childhood friends. Perhaps that frienship has waned since they have become older and become more competitive.

Anyway Cybelle, did you have an answer to the original question?

#11 ·
bandabou said:
That´s an even better question...maybe there just isn´t a Belgian-sisters thing.
They aren't friends. Justine says they respect each other, but nothing more. Kim always says she's friends with everyone. I think she has a strange interpretation for the word 'friend'.

After the discussion this week, I don't see Justine being very happy to see Kim anymore. And that's normal, her dad told crap. Kim already said wrong things a few weeks ago.

But hey, one thing is sure: Justine has gotten more respect from Belgian people! Everybody is shocked to see the crap some people are tellin'. I think a lot of people are thinking different about Kim and her family right now.

#12 ·
Filip! said:
They aren't friends. Justine says they respect each other, but nothing more. Kim always says she's friends with everyone. I think she has a strange interpretation for the word 'friend'.
RG 2001: Kim gives Justine a sweater as a birthday present, dunno what
Justine gave Kim as a present

RG 2003: Kim hang a big banner in the dressing room before Justine's
match to congratulate her on her birthday. Dunno what
Justine did for Kim' s birthday.

I think that's quite a normal interpretation of the word "friend".

#13 ·
ans said:

The incidents of the last weeks would not happen if they were real friends.

2002: Kim is invited to Justine's wedding, but she did not make her appearance.

#14 ·
ans said:

Well, I guess Kim treats Justine as a friend.
But Justine doesn't want to be a friend of Kim.

#16 ·
ans said:
The incidents of last week have nothing to do with the girls themselves.

2002: Kim couldn't go to the wedding and bought Justine a present.
and why couldn´t she attend?! She had to watch Lleyton play some meaningless tennis....couldn´t she have sacrified two days to attend the wedding?!

#20 ·
ans said:
yes honey, you're right...her boyfriend for example.
well there you got it....there isn´t a friend thing. A friend would have attended the wedding: it´s only ONE day....

#21 ·
Rodriguez didn't say anything wrong. What daddy Clijsters said was despicable. So Carlos shouldn't be dragged into this now.

About the wedding invitation. In some interviews (international ones :rolleyes: ) Kim said she was attending the wedding and in others she said she would be in Australia. Turned out, she didn't go. Big deal. There is nothing wrong with turning down the invitation of Justine, but why give different statements?
I don't think Justine cared anyway because Sandrine, Nathalie and Olivier were there.

#22 ·
bandabou said:
well there you got it....there isn´t a friend thing. A friend would have attended the wedding: it´s only ONE day....
Even when you're rich, you don't get a flight every day to where you want. And yes, I thought she would attend Justine's wedding but hey, you can't compare the life of a top tennisser to our regular life. Sometimes they want different things e.g. spending time with your boyfriend on the other side of the world. Lleyton had a busy schedule that year (not like this year) and she didn't get to see him that much. So give her a break.

#23 ·
ans said:
Even when you're rich, you don't get a flight every day to where you want. And yes, I thought she would attend Justine's wedding but hey, you can't compare the life of a top tennisser to our regular life. Sometimes they want different things e.g. spending time with your boyfriend on the other side of the world. Lleyton had a busy schedule that year (not like this year) and she didn't get to see him that much. So give her a break.
Well tell it like it is then. Don´t walk around playing the nice Kim act, when you know that you ain´t attending no wedding!

#24 ·
well, if you all want them to be no friends, ok then. At least Kim tried, but if you don't get anything back...friendship won't work.
And you, bandabou my friend, you told me once that Kim was your fave after Serena and venus. Well, that's the biggest joke I've ever heard.

#25 ·
ans said:
well, if you all want them to be no friends, ok then. At least Kim tried, but if you don't get anything back...friendship won't work.
And you, bandabou my friend, you told me once that Kim was your fave after Serena and venus. Well, that's the biggest joke I've ever heard.
Why Anske?! I only said that I don´t think it was nice of her to not attend Justine´s wedding while being invited. That´s called ethic!

#26 ·
I think people who think that Kim has no influence/input into what her father says are just being naive. Of course she does. Similarly, Carlos & Justine are very close and she knows and presumably consents to whatever he says about her. Justine is Carlos' _employer_, Kim is Lei's _daughter_, both girls know exactly what they're doing here. Lei & Els' coach started all of this and have said much harsher things, but Kim is no innocent here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.