Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

39,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the US Open obsessed with him? Is it because he's buddy buddy with Roddick? The only people they show more of are Roddick, Blake, and Agassi. This match is pretty boring, and they should be showing women's tennis instead.

· Banned
14,953 Posts
Go Alyona.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Yeah, they really seem to think we give a flying rat's ass about seeing each match Paradorn plays.

Okay, which one of you told them we wanted to see Srichaphan play a lucky loser??? Fess up....who did it? :retard:

· Registered
3,762 Posts
Although it seems like a pretty good match we have an AMERICAN on Arthur Ashe (who is also winning), and Mary Pierce on Louis Armstrong and they are showing the entire match of Paradorn so far! I think they are just trying to promote "asians" in tennis or something like that..

· Banned
14,953 Posts
:d

· Banned
368 Posts
Even me, a thai, get pissed off with his match. I had to go out during the Henman-Roddick match, the biggest match-up in the 1st rnd and was expecting a re-run in my evening [the live match was started at 0730 am my local time]. And what I got in the evening is an entire Paradorn match!!! If only I got a number of Star Sports!

By the way, I thought it was only us, thai fans, to have suffered such stupid coverage selection. I experienced a Lee Hyung-Tek match while plenties of women top 10 were taking stage at Wimbledon with this f***ing StarSport few years ago. Now I know it wasn't only us.

I gotta go watching Paradorn v no 119 now... ;)

p.s. You know what, I just understand when you US fans said they showed too much Roddick or you UK fans said they showed too much Henman. Though I'd be very eager to watch both players all day all night. ;)

Reactions: xin_hui

· Registered
16,554 Posts
monicain said:
Even me, a thai, get pissed off with his match. I had to go out during the Henman-Roddick match, the biggest match-up in the 1st rnd and was expecting a re-run in my evening [the live match was started at 0730 am my local time]. And what I got in the evening is an entire Paradorn match!!! If only I got a number of Star Sports!

By the way, I thought it was only us, thai fans, to have suffered such stupid coverage selection. I experienced a Lee Hyung-Tek match while plenties of women top 10 were taking stage at Wimbledon with this f***ing StarSport few years ago. Now I know it wasn't only us.

I gotta go watching Paradorn v no 119 now... ;)

p.s. You know what, I just understand when you US fans said they showed too much Roddick or you UK fans said they showed too much Henman. Though I'd be very eager to watch both players all day all night. ;)
hello? me, a singaporean also has to suffer this extensive coverage of paradorn!!!! did he like sign a contract with tv stations to broadcast all his matches live? :mad:
actually, i liked paradorn when he first came out on tour. but this worshipping has made me dislike him and cant wait for him to get off my tv screen!

· Registered
4,071 Posts
agh

I'm not just angry because they are showing Schichapan. I dont' really mind that they are concentrating on him. What I am upset about is that unlike USA, they didnt even rotate it around. Mary is serving for her fucking match right now and they aren't even showing it. I hate CBS!!!!!!! We all need to complain to them right now!

· Registered
9,295 Posts
During Wimbledon 2 out of every 3 Toyota top shots were of Scrichapan here in australia. :rolleyes:
All i ever see is Hewitt one day, Philopousis the next day. We haven't see one Roddick or Agassi match coz they aren't airing night matches at all.

· Banned
635 Posts
Emphasis on Women's matches, because that's what's been on during Paradorn's play. USA dreads showing them this year, and CBS is doing the same.

I have no problem with them showing Paradorn, really. He's fun to watch imo, he's popular, he's a Top 10 player again after US Open, and they want the US people to know who he is. That's how you hype players, and it's encouraging they're not doing it for a Top 100 American, for once.

Besides, they're just showing most of his matches. It's not like they're blabbing about him during other player's matches.

· Registered
16,554 Posts
tennnisfannn said:
During Wimbledon 2 out of every 3 Toyota top shots were of Scrichapan here in australia. :rolleyes:
All i ever see is Hewitt one day, Philopousis the next day. We haven't see one Roddick or Agassi match coz they aren't airing night matches at all.

i agree! it was the same sitaution here. every play of the day would inevitably come from the paradorn match!

· Registered
34 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I believe they want to stick to the format: men-women-men...Just so happens that Scrichapan is prolly the most popular men playing their 1st matches today. Then they will definitely focus on Capriati's, then of course Agassi's(no brainer here).
So lighten up people.

· Registered
22,221 Posts
Julian said:
Although it seems like a pretty good match we have an AMERICAN on Arthur Ashe (who is also winning), and Mary Pierce on Louis Armstrong and they are showing the entire match of Paradorn so far! I think they are just trying to promote "asians" in tennis or something like that..
Why shouldn't they promote prominent "asians"?

I agree that the ladies do get jipped and I don't want to see everyone of Paradorn's matches, but "Americans" are unabashedly plugged, so why not spread it around. Paradorn is certainly deserving of it.
I also think Tamarine should get a little more respect.

I think these associations are all about money and
their are many untapped resoruces in places like Thailand as well as the vast Oriental landscape.

· Registered
27,777 Posts
They should show Paradorn. In case you hadn't noticed, tennis isn't exactly the most ethnically diverse sport around, so they should showcase as much of what they have as they can. He's the tours "Asian star" - he's a good player, he's flashy. I didn't want to see his match either, but I have no gripes with them showing him. They need to tap into as many groups as possible, and if Paradorn can help do that, great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.