Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniella is #8 in the world...perhaps you don't realise that. A player that has apparently been "Anorexic or Bulimic" would be off the tour and in a hospital playing in heat over hours of matches.

Someone who has an eating disorder CANNOT compete over that length of distance following the summer. I'm no major fan...but sick and tired of people putting photo's by some prick behind a camera trying to keep his job.

To change a diet and schedule, part way through the season is tough for anyone...and can't happen.

All of you posting "Pic's" of her in this site, think about it, perhaps you need to seek a position in journalism.

I'm not saying she isn't underweight....she's #8 in the world...it's not like she is sliding off the face of the earth.

Girls her age with eating disorders are turning to drugs and alcahol...or hovering in the "Faetal" position in their bedroom.

The Media attention at Wimbledon was not only disgusting....she should be able to sue......if the WTA will allow their players to be treated like that...then they need to be reform management.

As soon as she puts weight on....everyone here will be calling her "Fat"

Leave her alone and let her do what we want to see....her tennis.

· Registered
8,951 Posts
They should leave her alone so she can eat in peace.

· Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wavey: Blah at the lot of u.....perhaps speak your'e OWN mind? would be appreciated....obviously showing your'e age, which is fine...if it keeps like that I will just delete it (ps...can give me bad rep points...this is as nasty as I get...I couldn't give a rat's fat clacker LOL!!) :wavey:

· R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
Daniella is #8 in the world...perhaps you don't realise that. A player that has apparently been "Anorexic or Bulimic" would be off the tour and in a hospital playing in heat over hours of matches.
WRONG. Ask Zina Garrison. She had better results than Hantuchova in the 80s and was bulimic. She was as high as #5 at the time.

I'm not saying Daniela is anorexic or bulimic-but the odds are something is wrong with her Kirt.

· Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
I don't remember anyone bringing up Daniela recently... maybe I missed a thread or something...

· Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rollo said:
WRONG. Ask Zina Garrison. She had better results than Hantuchova in the 80s and was bulimic. She was as high as #5 at the time.

I'm not saying Daniela is anorexic or bulimic-but the odds are something is wrong with her Kirt.
:wavey: Yes agree...but the 80's was 20 years ago...totally irrelevant...then it could be hidden...I didn't see camera's around Zina practicing and having to fold into tears because the tabloids dragged her through the mud.

All I am saying is give this girl a break!!!

· Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Runningtennisguy said:
I'll give her a break, a break of my kit-kat bar, she could use it. :lol: Merely jesting, lighten up =P
When photographers sell womens "Parts" falling out from a tennis top or tennis skirt....I guess I have zero respect for them...and if I saw them unconcious I would be tempted to urinate on them....payback I guess for all the rude things they publish. It's a game of tennis...not "The Batchelor". :wavey:

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Kirt12255 said:
When photographers sell womens "Parts" falling out from a tennis top or tennis skirt....I guess I have zero respect for them...and if I saw them unconcious I would be tempted to urinate on them....payback I guess for all the rude things they publish. It's a game of tennis...not "The Batchelor". :wavey:
There's a terrific painting in the Melbourne Aboriginal Museum featuring a farm outback, and an aboriginal shack with a few puffs coming out the stack, and you see in the foreground an aboriginal mother out in front of the shack on her knees sobbing wildly with her arms in the air, and a white settler with a shotgun stalking away from her with her baby and a shotgun in hand, and out in the distance, you see the aboriginal father running as fast as he can from the farm field, in vain.

It touched me, and I thought from reading your epilogue/signature, that maybe you've seen it...

· Registered
20,830 Posts
Kirt12255 said:
:wavey: Yes agree...but the 80's was 20 years ago...totally irrelevant...then it could be hidden...I didn't see camera's around Zina practicing and having to fold into tears because the tabloids dragged her through the mud.

All I am saying is give this girl a break!!!
what's had to do with it?

and other then that I agree hantu deserves a break and if she has a problem she needs to solve it herself

· Registered
172 Posts
Well said Kirt :)

Like here no doubt there are idiots making 'jokes' at tournaments and in the crowds and in the middle of all that Daniela (who seems insecure, perhaps oversensitive and a little immature for her age) is struggling to deal with the pressure surrounding her. :(

I actually think she's way too smart to put up with the crap indefinitely and the tennis world could lose the most exciting player of her generation - and that would be just what the sport deserves! Women's tennis seems to be a goldmine run by children.

· R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
Agreed Irma.

Kirt-they were different cases, but the motivation to stay thin was the same. Zina felt she had to purge exactly because she WAS in the spotlight-with cameras, and felt fat.

Maybe a better example from the 80s would have been Carling Bassett, who (like Daniela) got a lot of modeling jobs and was considered to be a sex symbol for a while. Carling was anorexic.

Maybe these things WERE easier to hide in the 80s-90s, but they still exist. If Hantuchova really has nothing to hide she and the WTA should jointly let an independent doctor examine her and moniter her, put out a press statement, and be done with it.

Until that happens or she gains weight it's open season on her, rightly or wrongly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.