Tennis Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
It will be exciting to see how Martina will perform at the beginning of 2002, after a terrible year of 2001, and recovering from injury!! I am sure she will stay into the Top 10, but back to Top 3, I have doubts in my mind for it!! Look at how strong the competition is on the WTA tennis circuit, with the two Belgians and Williams sisters, Davenport, Capriati and Seles!! But I would love to see Martina Hingis back into the tennis circuit in 2002, looking forward to see whether there will be some improvements in her game!!!

· Registered
1,410 Posts
This thread seems to be based more on the "hope" Martina will get back on top, rather than actual facts that would lead us to think/believe.

I hope that Martina will get back to something approaching her best, but a lot of huffing and puffing from us won't do that.

There are things that she needs to change, which at the moment don't look like changing. And that's the bottom line.

· Registered
286 Posts
If Martina is going to be back at her number one position it will be in the middle of they year or towards the end but not until after Roland Garros.. The Aussie season will determine who will be #1-#3 b/n Lindsay, Jennifer, and Venus..

· Spaghetti Warrior
6,739 Posts
I don't think she will ever be at the top again. She just isn't good enough. There is too much competition. She can't deal with the Williams-sisters, Lindsay, Jennifer and the Belgians. The few years Hingis 'conquered' the tennis world, the players I mentioned weren't on the tour or weren't fit. Serena and Venus were too young and played their first(!) tournaments at the time, Lindsay was too fat to be a big champion, Jennifer was still smoking pot and the Belgians were still children. <br />She was the best at a dead moment in the tour and now it's one of the best cometitions ever, with many great players, she just isn't good enough to be at the top.<br />That's my idee, only the future can proove me wrong.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.