Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Chanda's second Tier III of the season...the other being Madrid. I don't understand why she's playing here unless she's desperately looking for points...which I don't think is the case. I just find it dissapointing that Chanda goes after the weaker fields...she's not going to find competition there. She needs to play with the big girls if she's ever wanting to hope to be more than just a dangerous floater all the time.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
i never give top players or any players that play the lower tier tournaments especially if they mainly play tier 1's and 2's. i wish more top players would do what she does especially if they are in a slump. i'm not a chanda fan but go chanda!

·
Read Only
15,328 Posts
The tournament is in Bali. The week after a Grand Slam. There are no other events, and she's committed to going further east next week to play in Shanghai...why not play? I can think of worse places to get some practice and match toughness than Bali!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Good for her. More top players should support the lower tier events.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Tennisace said:
This is Chanda's second Tier III of the season...the other being Madrid. I don't understand why she's playing here unless she's desperately looking for points...which I don't think is the case. I just find it dissapointing that Chanda goes after the weaker fields...she's not going to find competition there. She needs to play with the big girls if she's ever wanting to hope to be more than just a dangerous floater all the time.
Chanda doesn't get HATE because she is not the #1 player in the world. ;)

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Meh...who cares? I don't.....apparently you do though, I don't quite understand, but w/e

I think instead of you badgering her you should support her....

GO CHANDA :bounce:

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
Niceness, mostly.

·
Registered
640 Posts
GO CHANDA! :bounce:

I think her story is a feel good tragedy. She keeps bouncing back from injury only to fall short in the big moments. She handles her schedule and career like a dignified adult. I wish her the very best.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not entirely "hating" on Chanda, I just feel like she needs to step it a notch...and playing Tier IIIs doesn't help her game. Put it simply she struggles against the top players...I would just think her time would be better spent improving her game.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.