Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can watch French Open US Open Australian Open but cant watch Wimbledon. Is there any special reason for this :confused:

·
Registered
438 Posts
They only show Slams which contain the word "Open" in their name. :p

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Because Wimbledon is the tournament for the GrandParents and Eurosport is too modern for them so they don't show it :(

·
King
28,744 Posts
Because the BBC own the rights to it for now and they out bought eurosport, u shouldnt complain at least you get the rest of the slams while ppl with the BBC just get Wimbledon and the final of the Aussie and RG

·
Premium Member
181,849 Posts
lenavee said:
Because the BBC own the rights to it for now and they out bought eurosport, u shouldnt complain at least you get the rest of the slams while ppl with the BBC just get Wimbledon and the final of the Aussie and RG
thats nonsense :eek:

BBC have had the rights to ALL of Aus, French Open for a long, long time.

Wimbledon is not on the EBU list of sports, so everyone is open to bid for them, and Eurosport simply cant compete financially.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,369 Posts
Im Getting Wimbledon :banana: You guys get everything else the tier I events we only get Grand slams Miami and Indian Wells

·
King
28,744 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
thats nonsense :eek:

BBC have had the rights to ALL of Aus, French Open for a long, long time.

Wimbledon is not on the EBU list of sports, so everyone is open to bid for them, and Eurosport simply cant compete financially.
I guess thats what makes Wimbledon more special

·
King
28,744 Posts
saki said:
Someone said that http://www.wimbledon.org is doing a really good subscription livestream service. It sounded excellent. So much so that I'm tempted even though I can get BBC interactive.. ;)
Does it cost something id love it because i dnt have interactive but i have 3 channels to watch it on

·
18,369 Posts
lenavee said:
Does it cost something id love it because i dnt have interactive but i have 3 channels to watch it on
9.95 Euros

·
18,369 Posts
saki said:
Someone said that http://www.wimbledon.org is doing a really good subscription livestream service. It sounded excellent. So much so that I'm tempted even though I can get BBC interactive.. ;)
Yes i have that and cant wait because i get to see everyone i want to see Pironkova Venus etc.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
lenavee said:
Yes, but it's not very expensive for what you get - you can even download matches that you missed. BBC interactive is available if you're in the UK from the BBC website though so I'm not quite sure it's worth it for me. I'm dithering ;)

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
lenavee said:
u shouldnt complain at least you get the rest of the slams while ppl with the BBC just get Wimbledon and the final of the Aussie and RG
With all due respect that's bollocks!! In the UK, provided you can get BBC interactive, this year we got live coverage of the French Open for the whole 15 days :drool:

·
Banned
6,260 Posts
Because Wimbledon is a FAKE Grand Slam! :lol:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Cos wimbledon is too good for eurosport:p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts