Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they trying to save money? Chris Myers was okay as a studio host. But atlesst he was a studio host. Right now they have bill Macatee doing broadcasting and some studio duties.

And where is Anna Kournikova? Has anyone seen a feature from her yet?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Why do they need one?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For in studio interviews and updates. I guees they'll make Bill Macatee the broadcaster in studio host swingman. And I suppose they'll give Michael Barkan a greater role.

·
Registered
115,325 Posts
USA Network just ran an Anna promo. Ted Robinson said Anna does her first report tonight.
But I heard Tracy Austin on ESPN radio on Sunday say that Anna starts Wednesday.
But probably tonight.

·
Registered
115,325 Posts
Tonight Anna did an interview with Michael Barkann. Anna's entertainment reports start tomorrow.
In the interview Anna said her reports will show what's going on behind the scenes. Also celebrity interviews and a look at how much hard work the girls on the tour do.

·
Registered
115,325 Posts
Summer Sanders is on about 50 different shows. Try beg, borrow or deal. If you can stand it.

Anna knows these players. She knows the whole complex.
And she's just starting her broadcasting career. With that thick Russian accent.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GL, let's hope it's just a temporary broadcasting career. ;)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
goldenlox, her accent is not thick in the slightest, it seems to have improved over the past few years.

its actually easier to understand than someone with a southern twang or a deep nyc accent.

anna was actually looking a lil uncomfortable out there, i think he caught her off guard.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't you gone to bed yet, Miss Love? ;) I'm tired and I'm out of here. Good night. :wavey: :kiss:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
yeah i fell asleep at 9am and woke up at 4pm :eek:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What unusual sleeping hours you have my dear! ;) I suppose you stay up and watch the U.S. Open highlight show without needing to tape it like the some of us who are sleeping do. And last night the U.S. Open highlight show didn't show any women's highlights. But Rich Eisen interviewed Anna Kournikova in a purely fluff interview! :mad: Why does CBS think they need Rich Eisen's ESPN act?

Let's hope Anna doesn't like her broadcasting gig too much. Otherwise she may never try another comeback.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not a big fan of studio hosts or interviews. I get enough information from profiles and pre-/after match interviews. More than once this year, ESPN would have the cameras in the studio blah blahing and tell us that a match was being played right outside their window. Show the freakin' match!!! So, I'm pretty satisfied with the absence of a studio host.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts