Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Ashley and Dani wearing the same outfit playing each other... :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
lol

i think wearing the same outfits should be banned.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
ALL the Nike girls are wearing the same outfit ...

Dani:

Ashley:

Maria:

Lindsay:

Amelie:

Stephanie:

Evie:

and on top of everything, It's an ugly outfit ... :(

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
well, you could say this with adidas, fila, etc. everybody does this nowadays....unlike before top players get to wear their own outfit...i miss those days.:sad:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
if i were to face an opponent who wears the same outfit, i'd be embarassed.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I will design my own clothes then.;)

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
It doesn't suit Lindsay and Amelie IMO

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
It doesn't suit Lindsay and Amelie IMO
Yes, the thing is, it looks like something you would dress a kid in and Daniela and Ashley look even younger than they really are, so they can (sort of) pull off this look. Amelie and Lindsay are and also look like grown woman, so it looks weird on them.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
i think nike makes so much profit from its involvement in other sports that it puts tennis last. its so dominant when it comes to bball and running [look at how creative the apparel is for those two sports] that nike doesnt even bother wasting any energy on tennis.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
What was even more embarassing was the fact that they were blond and look a lil like the same height...is that why ESPN had to put names up there?

I could only imagine that AShley wore an arm brace for the umpires to tell her apart from glam queen Huntuchova...and not to mention the both have just about the same letters in the last name and it starts with the same letter...who is who?....are they sure the points were given to the right person?...lol

Plus add to the fact that Ashley looks like she had more of the steak n potatoes last time around....which isn't bad considering her opponent....

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I like Ash in it. But overall it looks frumpy on the older players. It does look like something you would get for your little girl at Babies R Us or something... I can even imagine the snap-on diaper panty thing complete with matching booties for her feet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
They look like they are in thier pajamas.

Anyone wondering why Serena isn't jumping for Nike's $50 Million offer.

If Serena had to wear that outfit, and her opponent came out dressed the same, I think she would just forfiet the match.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
cariosity said:
I can even imagine the snap-on diaper panty thing complete with matching booties for her feet. :rolleyes:
lol
thats what i said about annas ao outfit this year

like ash in it too... everyone else it just doesnt look right on.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
VS Fan said:

Anyone wondering why Serena isn't jumping for Nike's $50 Million offer.

If Serena had to wear that outfit, and her opponent came out dressed the same, I think she would just forfiet the match.
LOL! Is Nike going in for tacky tennis wear now then? Must be if they are going to woo Serena.

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
VS Fan said:
You say that like it's a bad thing ;)

A lot of the big companies have too many players in the same thing, but Nike is the worst - jeeze, at least put them in different colors!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well, fifiricci,

What you find "tacky", many see as style, and flair.
Serena pushes the envelope, and I just could not see her in cookie cutter clothes.

I'm not saying that Serena has not worn some ugly clothes, but not often. A better term for most of her outfits is "leading edge".

Her WORST outfit in my opinion was that purple plaid skirt that she wore at the US Open 2000 and the olympics.

To griffin:

I must acknowledge that Ashley DID look nice in her pajamas!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts