·
Registered
29,569 Posts
dumped Laura Robson after it became apparent she was outdoing Laura on the XWTA

said she does not have time for friends but then become BFF with Vuvurenka

turn her back on her native Canada for cash in order to play Hong Kong

cold personality

tried to steal Maria's boyfriend

viewed as XWTA Golden girl by Stacy since they are both from Canada, asked to promote Singapore in January when it seemed like she had no chance to qualify

got to SF of 3 Grand Slams using cakewalk draws

is that enough reasons for you :shrug:

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
Because she's a disrespectful Bieber/Reagan-adoring pretentious Republicon brainless blonde. And she's lame too.
we actually agree on something :worship:

and i think she would actually kill her mother if it actually makes her even more famous

·
Registered
210 Posts
"full of herself and a bit overconfident" And this attitude has got her into two semis and a final of Grand Slams in a single year, if she didn't have this attitude then the hate would be "Theres too much hype and she'll only flop"

The real reason is that shes a big threat and people can't stand to see their favourites coming under threat and the attention she gets over everyone else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just after the match, she still insisted she wasn't surprised she made 3 SFs this year. How could you not? You weren't even a top 30 last year. :rolleyes:
Because a huge part of sport is the psychology. It's not just about working on your strokes. It's about working on your mind and convincing yourself that you deserve and earn your results. If you view your results as flukes or surprises, you're not going to believe that they are coming from your game. And that could be disastrous when put in tight positions.

She's said before that she spends a lot of time working on the psychological aspect of the game, and you very much see that in how she responds to interview questions.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Because of idiotic comments/posters like those.
Where are the lies? They all hate her because she gets big results.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts

cold personality

viewed as XWTA Golden girl by Stacy since they are both from Canada, asked to promote Singapore in January when it seemed like she had no chance to qualify

:haha: for once I agree with you!

Also, in all her press conferences, she is just so boring and robotic. Maybe this is her personality, but as a public figure you need to try to act somewhat friendly and likable. She acts like she's above it all. She will soon come crashing back down to earth :worship:.

·
Registered
21,736 Posts
She's had a few bumps in the road but let's be honest TennisForum NEEDS to hate on people. Its like the DNA of the board's members. The minute you start becoming successful, all of a sudden you start to become hated. :lol:

She hasn't helped herself with a couple of incidents but they don't really justify the amount of hate and bashing she gets. The same thing with when Caro was on Top and even to this day, people STILL hate her like she killed their family member or something.

For some reason the board is constantly in need of finding a person or people to hate on. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves, whatever.

·
Registered
12,066 Posts
Fed Cup incident, openly not wanting any friends on tour, ugly groundstrokes, overconfidence, largely overrated in the looks department.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Well, young, already a great and successful player and obviously the "real deal" so to speak. Also pretty and cold as ice on the court and 100 % focused to win. It's some sort of "Sharapovaism", haha. So, nothing wrong here in terms of the competition, but of course it can irritate a lot of folks and let's not forget all this is making a lot of folks envy, especially when somebody is skyrocketing like Genie atm.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I think the mindset of this forum would be incomprehensible to those who are unaware of the postings herein. I was watching the SF match on ESPN3 as I get better image quality on the computer than on the television and besides I avoided the commentary of Chris Evert that way. After Eugenie won a particular point, one of the commentators noting the applause opined that Bouchard apparently had more of the crowd with her. This prompted the other commentator to observe that Eugenie attracts fans all over and has become very popular. As I heard this I thought obviously he was unaware of this board. (PS I forget which commentator said which hence the anonymity)

·
Premium Member
27,234 Posts

cold personality

SAISAI-GOAT you forgot the main one: thinking is LAME to shake hands before a fed cup tie :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39,324 Posts
Because a huge part of sport is the psychology. It's not just about working on your strokes. It's about working on your mind and convincing yourself that you deserve and earn your results. If you view your results as flukes or surprises, you're not going to believe that they are coming from your game. And that could be disastrous when put in tight positions.

She's said before that she spends a lot of time working on the psychological aspect of the game, and you very much see that in how she responds to interview questions.
I totally agree with you, but people were asking why she is not particulary liked among other players and many people on the board. And I do think this is a very reasonable explanation. There's nothing wrong with her tennis.

But yeah, I tend to agree with you. There's many players out there who don't expect to win a Grand Slam. But if you don't believe in your ability, I think you might never make it in the end. And if they have a big success somewhere, they will probably show more emotions, be very much liked by the fans for their good run, but they won't hold the trophy at the end.

As a fan, I like the second kind of player more. In terms of pure career achievement, option one might be better.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
People dislike her because she's confident? That's pathetic. Without her self-assurance this year she wouldn't have achieved so much. In two days time she may be Wimbledon champion, it's all happened so fast for her. Genie doesn't have a lot of experience playing on the tour so she's heading into unchartered territory. I hope she can back up her fine form here.

21 - 40 of 763 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.