Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 763 Posts

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No bash thread.

I mean, what has she done? Just for that Fed Cup accident with Kucova?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
She is pretty full of herself and a bit overconfident. Just have a look at her twitter account.

Modesty is apparently appreciated here.

·
Art & Futures
20,461 Posts
Wat are you talking about?

Most players at the top have leagues of fans and as many haters, with some having even more haters than fans on this board. I don't think Eugenie is part of the latter category.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think it's about her personality. She seems to be too self-confident and a little bit arrogant. Little more modesty would work fine to her.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It's odd actually, I think it's because she started beating so many top players. In 2012&2013 she was probably one of the most loved players on this board.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,023 Posts
Why is Sharapova so hated?

There.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's about her personality. She seems to be too self-confident and a little bit arrogant. Little more modesty would work fine to her.
Many Top players are more self-confident and arrogant, and yet they aren't hated this way. :shrug:

·
Banned
5,934 Posts
She doesn't even try to be liked. You can get the Hingis vibe all around her. The thing is she isn't as great as Hingis yet.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Because she's smart, beautiful and the future of woman's tennis....except it:)
0 for 3 and incorrect English too. Kudos! :yeah:

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
First of all, I don't hate her. I felt that Kucova incident was stupid and unnecessary, but at the time I thought that she is just young and needs to mature. Maybe she just is like that, dunno.

On a more general note... I just can't identify with Bouchard. She has a very nice game, but emotionally, I can't connect with her. She reminds me of a robot, no emotions at all. With Sharapova, I feel she's still a human being, but Genie? Don't know about her, she just seems way too mature in a way. I know it's good for her results, but still...
For other players, I can still see the FUN that they have competing. As for Bouchard, it sometimes seems like she is not even playing for herself, but for someone else. It's strange to explain, but that's what I feel when watching her.

Over-confident might also be a good word to describe why she is not particulary liked on here. It's good for her confidence on the court that she believes in herself, but her press conferences sometimes sound like she is not a single bit surprised about her results this year. That's quite hard to believe. Simona, in opposition, is way more down-to-earth. She said she believed she can be at the top, but never expected to have a stunning year like she had. I just think that's a better way to communicate.

Also, I don't like her voice. But that's not her fault at all.

Reactions: Eldest

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
For me: her attitude just grates, excessive hype (thanks to a certain Canadian at the WTA) before she accomplished anything significant, Handshakegate.

But that doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend that she doesn't have the game and mindset to be a top player . .she does. That's been obvious for a while.

Reactions: matty

·
Registered
676 Posts
I suppose it's like following your favourite football team - not only do you display unreasonable passion for them, but you also seem to hate all of their rivals too

It appears to be similar here - you support your favourite player, and hold a grudge against anyone who has beaten them

Also, it's human nature to love seeing over confident people fall flat on their face, and Bouchard does seem hugely confident in herself for someone so young

·
Registered
37,758 Posts
Because she's a disrespectful Bieber/Reagan-adoring pretentious Republicon brainless blonde. And she's lame too.

Reactions: MarkChan and matty

·
Registered
541 Posts
She's a BIG threat to all these posters fave players. When you produce big results, you get haters.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I don't hate her at all. I don't hate any player to be honest. But I think I dislike others more than Bouchard.

I'm a Halep fan and I like both Bouchard and Radwanska.

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
I think to some, her outward confidence is a major turn off.
They can't reconcile how such a sweet girl can be so firm and confident in how she feel can carry herself.

Her interview responses are direct and to the point, hitting the same theme.
ESPN thought she would walk back her comment about having no interest in making friends on the tour.
But she stuck to he exact original statement and its meaning and gave a mature explanation why.

She does not giggle and show hesitation as sign of vulnerability (that some fans would prefer her to show to make herself more adorable in their eyes)
Some would say she is harsh, but if that serves her well in her tennis career, then more power to her

·
Registered
53 Posts
She is pretty full of herself and a bit overconfident. Just have a look at her twitter account.

Modesty is apparently appreciated here.
This is just a latent form of sexism, IMO. If a male tennis player says "I work hard and expected this win from myself", like Dimitrov did yesterday, no one bats an eyelash. He's just being a regular "confident" guy.

But a woman saying the same thing? Suddenly she's conceited and arrogant. Society still expects women to be modest dolls who just sit there and look pretty.

·
Banned
5,934 Posts
First of all, I don't hate her. I felt that Kucova incident was stupid and unnecessary, but at the time I thought that she is just young and needs to mature. Maybe she just is like that, dunno.

On a more general note... I just can't identify with Bouchard. She has a very nice game, but emotionally, I can't connect with her. She reminds me of a robot, no emotions at all. With Sharapova, I feel she's still a human being, but Genie? Don't know about her, she just seems way too mature in a way. I know it's good for her results, but still...
For other players, I can still see the FUN that they have competing. As for Bouchard, I sometimes like she is not even playing for herself, but for someone else. It's strange to explain, but that's what I feel when watching her.

Over-confident might also be a good word to describe it. It's good for her confidence on the court that she believes in herself, but her press conferences sometimes sound like she is not a single bit surprised about her results this year. That's quite hard to believe. Simona, in opposition, is way more down-to-earth. She said she believed she can be at the top, but never expected to have a stunning year like she had. I just think that's a better way to communicate.
Just after the match, she still insisted she wasn't surprised she made 3 SFs this year. How could you not? You weren't even a top 30 last year. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 763 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.