Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bunch of bullshit. Just because one person feels a certain way, don't assume that everyone else feels the same way just because we're fans of the same players. All of this *grouping* is getting on my last nerve. If you have an opposing opinion between you and someone else, don't suggest their beliefs are EVERYONE'S. That is simply unfair to everyone else, and it displays a belief that we don't have minds and ideas of our own. Grow up!

I would also like to add that a certain *word* was used some time ago and the poster of that *word* suggests that we should all be fine with it because we've heard it before. Well, that doesn't make it easier to swallow. As a grown woman, I'm calling that poster a trick ass Bitch! And respect MY choice not to like you.

I just had to get that off my chest.:angel:

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
And a great multitude was gathered for a sports function and, as a fellow sports fan, Jesus was moved to feed their minds. "What have we?" he asked the disciples. "We have but one opinion between us Lord." they answered. Jesus commanded the disciples to pass the one opinion among the multitude, allowing each to break off enough for himself. The disciples were mystified, but complied. Although it started out as one single opinion, soon, each in the multitude had his own.

The noise was deafening.

And the lord looked down on this great cacophony and spoke to Jesus, saying, "I told you about that Babel thing, but could you listen? Noooooooo. Just like your Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather Adam. Don't eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, I said. So where does he make lunch reservations? 30 generations, you people don't change. Could you at least ask them to keep it down?"

Anyway, that's how one fans' opinion became every fan's opinon.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
There is some definite creedence to what Hail_Venus had to say. I have recently learned all to well that just because somebody likes the same player I do, that does not mean I have to like or even respect them.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
(referring to the first post)

I think that that's one of the problems that seems to plague messagboards time and time again(not talking about the second paragraph).
When one person feels a certain way, another person seems to want to say that their opinion is wrong.
Heck, just state your opinion and leave up to the public to decide if you're right.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think posters get much too offended on this board and on many other tennis posting boards. Its a forum for opinions, I think you should be able to express your opinion without always being yelled at by some other poster.

Treat others like you want to be treated. Don't piss someone off if you're not ready to take a verbal beating yourself.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Ok Ok how do you rate a topic? This is a classic girl!:)

Hail- you still one of my favorite posters, i like your sassy and honest writing.:)

Jakeev-well written and nice post:)

·
Registered
856 Posts
I hear you, HAIL-VENUS, and your words are so true!:)

M

·
0 Posts
I just think that some people on here have chips on their shoulders the size of elephants...

But that's just my two penneth.... carry on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts