Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first Maria, and then Nicole, Ana, Sania and even Alize Cornet has her own haters. i don't get it :shrug:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
There's always going to be people that don't like a player, and there's always going to be people who do. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Old players have more fans as they have had more time accumalating them. some fans have very few favourites so put more investment into a few names who eventually will retire leaving them with no one tio support. Fans of declined or declining players may not take to new kids on the block because change isn't what they want or can accept. Some older players have fans who dump lots of other non-tennis issues onto their favourites which leaves them even more unable to deal with their decline. Older folk often think everything is getting worse.

On the other hand some of us just keep our eyes open for the up and comers so we can find the new favourites before the old ones hang up their racket.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Cause their young, pretty and actually have bright futures. So of course people will hate on them.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Jealousy

·
Registered
16,482 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
tuna said:
first Maria, and then Nicole, Ana, Sania and even Alize Cornet has her own haters. i don't get it :shrug:

Because they have double-handed backhands and play a dumb ball-bashing style?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Everyone has haters, I don't think it's just the WTA Teens, some of the older players have them too. A lot of post around here tend to be about the younger players, so I guess that it appears that more people hate them...I dunno, just a guess.

I don't hate anyone though :angel:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Jealousy im guessing, young players are only gonna keep the tour alive so dont see why so much hating should go on

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
A lot of it is jealousy, particularly with Big Masha. But she doesn't draw that much more hate than other top players or players with her results, it's just she's a teen. I think people are sensitive to having teenagers hyped and shoved down your throat before they have any real results, and they end up turning into like a hated figure like Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson.

·
Banned
283 Posts
tuna said:
Alize has haters?! :eek:

How did you know? :p

·
Banned
125 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
A lot of it is jealousy, particularly with Big Masha. But she doesn't draw that much more hate than other top players or players with her results, it's just she's a teen. I think people are sensitive to having teenagers hyped and shoved down your throat before they have any real results, and they end up turning into like a hated figure like Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson.
I like Britney and Jessica. :)

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cam'ron Giles said:
Who hates Alize? :retard:
i don't know. just remember when she got Australian Open WC. there were like "she sucks/what a wasted WC/Aravane is more deserved...blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts