Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of complaining and moaning about the dearth of free women's live streams. Well, that's what tennistv is for. I've had it since January and am very satisfied with the product.

In every tournament they've covered, they've shown, on average, at least 12 - 14 matches. That's as good as eurosport was in the old days.

Their one major gaffe (which was talked about in this forum) was that they didn't show the indian wells final. Well, guess what? They apologized for that and gave all their subscribers an extra month free.

And please don't tell me that it's too expensive. I know the economy is bad, but you can't shell out 70 bucks for the entire year? Come on!

And for those of you waiting for free live streams for big events, it's not happening. Eurosport's exclusive deal with the WTA means those events will all be blacked out through 2011. The ATP has no such exclusive contract with anyone, hence, you can get pretty much all their live streams free.

So, you can send e-mails and write letters all you want, but they won't disrupt an exclusive contract. The wta has given you tennistv in compensation. You might as well take it. :)

Fyi, miami coverage starts monday. Also, eurosport is showing the groenefeld-williams match live tomorrow.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well tennistv is only available in USA and Cananda.

Second tennistv is not starting till monday and we need streams saturday and sunday.

Third tennistv was not working last week at all atleast for me

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well tennistv is only available in USA and Cananda.

Second tennistv is not starting till monday and we need streams saturday and sunday.

Third tennistv was not working last week at all atleast for me
1) It's only not available in Europe, where you can get Eurosport Player to compensate.

2) I agree that they always start a bit later than the ATP, but, let's face it, this is because men's tennis is more popular.

3) It worked for me fine last week until the final, for which they compensated me by giving an extra month free.

I think the best solution for you is to combine tennistv with eurosport. Like I said, Eurosport are showing the Groenefeld-Williams match live on Sunday.

·
Registered
33,125 Posts
ATP is free, and tennistv is way too expensive

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
1) It's only not available in Europe, where you can get Eurosport Player to compensate.

2) I agree that they always start a bit later than the ATP, but, let's face it, this is because men's tennis is more popular.

3) It worked for me fine last week until the final, for which they compensated me by giving an extra month free.

I think the best solution for you is to combine tennistv with eurosport. Like I said, Eurosport are showing the Groenefeld-Williams match live on Sunday.
I have the ES player and I think they showed like 1 or 2 matches that eurosport didn't air live. Though ES did air highlights of it the day after. At Aus Open I was very satisfied with ES Player as I could watch all matches on all TV courts, but it has failed me here at Indian Wells and Miami, as they don't air matches I can't see on TV.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the ES player and I think they showed like 1 or 2 matches that eurosport didn't air live. Though ES did air highlights of it the day after. At Aus Open I was very satisfied with ES Player as I could watch all matches on all TV courts, but it has failed me here at Indian Wells and Miami, as they don't air matches I can't see on TV.
Well, I can't comment on ES Player, as I can't get it. However, TennisTV showed way more matches than Eurosport TV in Indian Wells. And their schedule for Miami is, so far, more comprehensive than ES TV.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cause we're in a recession, don't you get it? :rolleyes:
If you've been laid off, I understand and I sympathize. But if you have a job, are you honestly telling me you can't curtail $70 worth of expenses for the whole year to be able to watch your favourite sport? Now this I find hard to believe.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If TennisTV were as reliable as Wimbledon Live, I would. Most people on the forum say that TennisTV sucks.

I have had Wimbledon Live every year since its inception. I get to download matches and watch them any time I want. I can't tell you how many times I watch Venus spank some ass on the lawns of Centre Court. That's a good investment.

Sometimes when the service sucks, you have no choice or feel better just to bitch and moan :devil:
Then you exhale and keep it moving :bounce:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You are kidding, right?

"Due to broadcaster restrictions, men’s live streams from Miami are not available in Brazil; women’s live streams are not available in Europe or in Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria or Tunisia. Coverage of the finals on April 4-5 are not available in the U.S.A."

Enough said. That's plain ridiculous and you should not advertise, on a freely basis, their tennistv! Read before you speak!

No Finals in the US and no women's coverage in Europe! That's a shame!

:fiery:

I can't believe you actually fell for it to buy their tennistv. It's not about the $70, it's the principle.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have TennisTV and it was definitely not worth the price I paid for it. Their coverage of Indian Wells was deplorable. And it just wasn't a problem with the stream on the final, it was the blank screens throughout the whole week that had to be dealt with. I wrote the support staff twice. The 2nd time was about the final not being available. I got a reply about the Memphis tournament not being available in the US. There's 2 things wrong about that reply, 1) I was witting about Indian Wells, and 2) I live in Canada. If the WTA wants to promote a live stream service they better make sure that they are capable of providing the service first, something I don't think they did

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are kidding, right?

"Due to broadcaster restrictions, men’s live streams from Miami are not available in Brazil; women’s live streams are not available in Europe or in Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria or Tunisia. Coverage of the finals on April 4-5 are not available in the U.S.A."

Enough said. That's plain ridiculous and you should not advertise, on a freely basis, their tennistv! Read before you speak!

No Finals in the US and no women's coverage in Europe! That's a shame!

:fiery:

I can't believe you actually fell for it to buy their tennistv. It's not about the $70, it's the principle.
I didn't "fall" for anything. I've gotten to see many matches and I'm quite happy. Your gripe seems to be about geographical restrictions for which, like I've said, there are ways out.

For instance, if you live in Europe, you can subscribe to ES Player. As for the finals not being shown in the U.S., they're on CBS, which I'm sure you can get. If you don't live in the U.S., tennistv will show the women's final.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have TennisTV and it was definitely not worth the price I paid for it. Their coverage of Indian Wells was deplorable. And it just wasn't a problem with the stream on the final, it was the blank screens throughout the whole week that had to be dealt with. I wrote the support staff twice. The 2nd time was about the final not being available. I got a reply about the Memphis tournament not being available in the US. There's 2 things wrong about that reply, 1) I was witting about Indian Wells, and 2) I live in Canada. If the WTA wants to promote a live stream service they better make sure that they are capable of providing the service first, something I don't think they did
I agree that there were problems in IW but it's still a new service and some bugs have to be expected. Didn't they give you an extra month free for not showing the final? If not, you should write to them.

By the way, I know that the service can be difficult but I've found that the following steps work the best:

1) Only try and watch it on Internet Explorer.

2) Before the start of each day's play, open a random window in IE. Then, click on "Tools" and "Internet Options". Here, delete cookies, delete history, ok everything, and then press "Ctrl" + F5.

3) Finally, go to the tennistv website, and click on the wta match you want to see. You will be asked to log on twice but, after that, you should be all set.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Blue_sky, the product is flawed. People disagree with your opinion. If you like the product, then that's wonderful for you. You bought it so you go and enjoy it. Some people bought the product and aren't satisfied.

Can we close this thread now?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Oh please. :rolleyes:
If you don't live in the North America or Europe, or in a country with a solid internet structure in terms of ISPs then tennisTV doesn't mean jack.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I think a petition would be better than long letters because lot of people (like me) are lazy to writte , and as a petition is simplier it would draw far more tennis fans because even if there is little more coverage for mens tennis than women , their fans are also complainning for the awful tv coverage .

A petition has to draw at least 1000 people to be efficient .

1 - 20 of 120 Posts