Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really some reason why we can't split Belgium into a Flemish country and a French one? Then the Flems wouldn't have to make insinuations at Justine for her supposed "doping", and Carlos Rodriguez wouldn't have to accuse Clisters of "polemics". Why do the Flems and the Walloons need to nominally live together in the same nation and "share" the world's top two women's tennis players? The country is divided in every way but officially - why not make the split?

·
Registered
557 Posts
It has been thought about long before Justine and Kim. The King of Holland tried to get back what had been part of th Netherlands, and Napoleon III had designs on the former French share of Belgium. But wily King Leopold the First, the Crafty Coburger, managed to keep little Belgium afloat and safe from the big bullies.
And the Walloons and the Flemish have been fighting since then. :D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The nation has clung together despite the best efforts of kings and emperors, only to be torn apart by...

two girls who play TENNIS!

:eek: :p :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
Splitting Belgium is going to require two new names for the new countries. May I propose... The Republic of Justinia... and The United State of Kimmeke :)

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Good idea, then, on the basis of language we can break up Canada and Switzerland and merge Australia and New Zealand. On second thoughts, let's not merge Australia and NZ, it would kill off a lot of really good sheep jokes.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This country is 173 years old, survived 2 world wars, the royal question, ........ i don't think we'll split it for 2 tennis players!!!!

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Yeah...just plit Belgium in half. Give the French speaking bit to the French and the Flemish speaking bit to the Dutch...and stuff the little pocket of German speakers down the bottom! ;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
No way! This would be a slap in the face for all Flemish Justine fans. I have a better solution and it involves a country famous for koalas and kangooroos :lol: :p

·
Registered
871 Posts
no way, now that we are finally managing to conquer the most of Europe :p and make Brussels a worldly capital! This almost sounds like a plot todivide and conquer by the French and the Dutch :p :angel: !

Really disappointed with DeWulf's comments though :rolleyes: , it's not the first time he instigate this kind of baseless accusations against tennis players only to hastily back off after asked for further detail or proof... :(

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
The two guys who make up the Belgian Army are lovers, and they'd be heart-broken if one of them had to move out of their flat. Belgium must stay one country for the sake of Leni and Alf! :)

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
ETPA-Tour said:
They should split, not because of Justine and Kim but to stop the fighting!
Yes, this civil war has gotten out of hand. Those darn Walloons have killed half my family, my house was just bombed, just because I blew up that train headed for Liège. It's totally unfair and has to stop.

:rolleyes:

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
omg i didnt know there was a civil war!

belgium will never spilt as long as we keep having crappy politicians in government :D

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Super Maeike said:
omg i didnt know there was a civil war!

belgium will never spilt as long as we keep having crappy politicians in government :D
don't worry, Maeike. I'll quickly blow them up for ya! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
Yes, this civil war has gotten out of hand. Those darn Walloons have killed half my family, my house was just bombed, just because I blew up that train headed for Liège. It's totally unfair and has to stop.

:rolleyes:
:lol:

Actually, shhh, don't mention civil war or George Bush might send someone to "help" you!

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
I'm not sure about US {holland} taking on Flanders, but if Kim wants to play for Holland she's MORE THN WELCOME!! :lol:

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
dont get your hopes up too high mandy. one more statement like that and tine will be blowing up holland aswell :devil:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts