Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Im sure I could find highlight reels of even the worst "touch" players hitting great touch shots...

But it's not that Serena can't hit those shots, she just can't do is as consistently as "touch" players like Schnyder, Hingis, and Henin could. She's great for a reason, and has every shot in the book, she jut can't rely on all of them every time. ;)

·
Registered
22,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm her game is based around agression and power from the baseline. When she does play touch shots though, a lot of them are as good as Hingis' or Schnyder's...sure she doesn't hit them often but the quality of her shots are really good.

And also I don't think this should be moved into her Sub-Forum. :shrug: It's not a ZOMG look at Serena thread, it's a discussion thread - the question is, why do people think she has no touch?

·
Most Loved Member
11,182 Posts
Who says that? Of course Serena has touch.

The match itself wasn't that great, their AO match a year later was better quality.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
A lot of people say that. ;)

With good cause too. You are really delusional if you think her touch shots are "really good" and "a lot of them" are as good as Hingis' or Schnyder's. She can hit them really well sometimes, but MOST of the time they are average, at best. :shrug:

·
Registered
22,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hingis and Schnyder's games are/were based on touch. That's what they did best.

For an agressive baseliner, Serena's touch is quite exceptional.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Hmm her game is based around agression and power from the baseline. When she does play touch shots though, a lot of them are as good as Hingis' or Schnyder's...sure she doesn't hit them often but the quality of her shots are really good.

And also I don't think this should be moved into her Sub-Forum. :shrug: It's not a ZOMG look at Serena thread, it's a discussion thread - the question is, why do people think she has no touch?
Exactly.

Ree has touch, uses it if she needs to. Her game has more variety than ppl will ever acknowledge, but whatever.

·
Registered
38,859 Posts
Thanks for this thread!

Great match! Some sensational rallies!

There is NO reason why Serena can't play like this now! She is fitter and everything :sobbing:

Get inspired!!!!

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
:lol: I dunno where she found that shot or those angles but I was soo glad to see it. Being able to pull out shots like that would be amazing on the clay!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts