Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
Her level of play hasn't been that of a top player until last year.

Because of the top 10 rules for internationals, the 11-20 ranked players become the stars of these events. Pennetta is the prime target for these events and she is making the most of it.

·
Dubai Love
52,429 Posts
Maybe she really likes the places where these events are held and the general event like the hospitality of the organizers, she plays these events years after years now.
Also so she can win them, she thinks hopefully:p

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Because she really isn't that good:shrug:. No, it's not that. She is not confident to play bigger events, so she would go to Bogota instead of Dubai. I wouldn't be surprised if she skips Rome, in her home country to go play Estoril that week:shrug:

·
Your fav could never....
9,154 Posts
Because she really isn't that good:shrug:. No, it's not that. She is not confident to play bigger events, so she would go to Bogota instead of Dubai. I wouldn't be surprised if she skips Rome, in her home country to go play Estoril that week:shrug:
2008 Indoor season anyone?

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
^Hmm...you do have a point:shrug:
But still, she does not regularly play so many big events.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Because she's stupid! Yes, she loves very much these events especially South American ones,but for me it doesn't make sense for a player like her to play all these tournaments...I say yes she can play two or three all the year, and hopefully win them, but she's playing the most of it....i hope after this South American tournee that she keeps playing only great tournaments, if really she wants to be a top10 player....because for me she's good enough for became a top 10:hearts:

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
She sucks at Estoril :lol: No way will she skip Rome :) and last year she did well In LA and Zurich,which were big events.

·
Registered
32,291 Posts
She isn't enough confident to go play the big events week after week.
She gets a lot of match play, win a lot of matches.

She's the most successfull of the bunch of players like Kirilenko, AMG, Benesova, Dulko, etc. that are having great results on those tournaments but aren't making headlines while it comes to Slams/Tier I tournaments.

·
Banned
92,060 Posts
look my avy/sign :hearts:

Because she really isn't that good:shrug:. No, it's not that. She is not confident to play bigger events, so she would go to Bogota instead of Dubai. I wouldn't be surprised if she skips Rome, in her home country to go play Estoril that week :shrug:
geez :tape:

·
Registered
17,384 Posts
Acapulco is one of her favorite tournaments, no matter whether it's a tier I, II or whatever... ;)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Because the tournaments represent a "paycheck" that she may not earn playing Tier I events and losing in earlier rounds. Flavia plays as many tournaments and events as possible (notice that she also enters doubles and mixed doubles, if available, at most of the events she enters) to earn a living playing professional tennis. If a player knows that she or he is not good enough to earn huge paydays at loaded Tier I or II events, a player should play as many lesser tournaments as possible to earn more than reasonable paydays. Kudos to Flavia for electing that option.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
46,147 Posts
Because Flavia looves her Mickey mouse tournaments, without them,she wouldn't be Flavia :p

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts
Because the tournaments represent a "paycheck" that she may not earn playing Tier I events and losing in earlier rounds. Flavia plays as many tournaments and events as possible (notice that she also enters doubles and mixed doubles, if available, at most of the events she enters) to earn a living playing professional tennis. If a player knows that she or he is not good enough to earn huge paydays at loaded Tier I or II events, a player should play as many lesser tournaments as possible to earn more than reasonable paydays. Kudos to Flavia for electing that option.
But that's the point. She IS good enough, she just doesn't believe she is.

I guess she thinks that it's better to win 3 low tier events than make (maybe) the QF or a big one.

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
She is just smart! A big win over a Top Player on a big Tournament, it's not enough to prove that you are a Top player. You are a Top player when you are in TOP! So simple. It's the smartest way to stay in Top 20 nowadays and with some good wins, will bring a player to Top 10! Flavia, Victoria and Caroline make the best schedul for me! I only wish Daniela to enter tournaments like that!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts