Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Everything Fades Away
129,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never understood why she always misses out these two Top-tourneys... :confused: It would be a good preparation for the French.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I would say Marriage has something to do with it :)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
she said that she didn't want to be away from home for so many weeks!

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
How many times in the past has she played at Berlin or Rome ? I wish she would play more of these warm-up tournaments before the French Open :(

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I think she is wise to play Madrid and not the others. Apart from her honeymoon this year.
:cool:

·
Banned
35 Posts
per4ever said:
I think she will be more tired now after her honeymoon then after two tournaments :angel:
Lol :D

anyways, i think lindsay performed well on clay in those two tourneys this year... it's pretty surprising coz she hasn't played on clay for about three years and that she considers it her least favourite surface.... i hope she does well in madrid and RG :D

Go Linds!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Its not just this year though, she normally doesnt play many clay tournaments, honeymoon or not. Its probably because she doesnt like being away from home.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Yes but she didn't play @ clay the previous years, because she was always injured @ that time! And ofcourse she is just marriaged.

But it's a good dessicion from her to play Madrid! :D

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Irma, and Helen Lawson, are correct. She's publically stated she doesn't like to spend that much time in Europe away from home, honeymoon or not. She says her tennis suffers, and I think she knows what's best for her game.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
it would be a good opportunity for her to get to #4 (i would say where she belongs but Henin fans scare me :p)

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
She doesnt want to ger her white bobby socks dirty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts