Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the season-ending championships in L.A. and Kim was like an assasin!! Yet, at the AO and today, she seems off track. What's up with that?

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,001 Posts
It's what happens when you have a piss easy draw... same thing happend with Venus last year and Serena at Wimbly 2000.

It's not the players fault how the draw pans out, but when you're not challenge early on... (not just a set) it's harder to win the tougher matches.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sunset said:
It's what happens when you have a piss easy draw... same thing happend with Venus last year and Serena at Wimbly 2000.

It's not the players fault how the draw pans out, but when you're not challenge early on... (not just a set) it's harder to win the tougher matches.
Probably right. It's like Kim has everything she needs to be a GS champ-except that killer instinct ;)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Kim wasn't herself at all - her serve wasn't on (her fastest serve was 165kph even though she can easily serve in the 170s), her ground game never got going, and, worst of all, she seemed unmotivated and unconfident.

I don't know what happens to Kim in these situations, but I think she should look into a sports psychologist or something. She has let a lot of leads slip this year, and today she didn't look like she could control her nerves.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Kim clearly has not been ready to win a big match in a major; she was ready/confident to win the WTA Championships last Novemeber and seemed ready to win the Australian Open - until she was up 5-1 in the 3rd set and the reality of winning was upon her.

She is too nice, almost, and lacks a killer instinct - she's a lot like Sabatini in that regard.

Still, I think she can develop it - look at how Henin has completely changed her career around. She's the one who used to choke in matches and freeze in big matches; Justine has completely transformed her mental toughness.

Kim needs to do the same...

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
yeah people say kim has killer instinct because she came back a few times in matches but I am not so sure.

but even if she becomes the mary joe of the 21th century. then I still love her:D

I still say she will win wimbledon;)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Kim is the new Mary Joe, then I think JHH is the new Mary Pierce. :D

·
Registered
12,561 Posts
oh irma

i don't even want to think she will be the mary-joe of the 21st century

she's too talented not to win a slam
i didn't think she was nervous or choker at all but that's already happened 3 times this year ( AO scottsdale and berlin )

on the other hand justine managed to control her nerves and improve her mental toughness this year and it shows

i hope kim works on that and i agree she's a little too " good " and has no killer instict like gabby

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Kim is washed up and she needs to retire, just like venus...im being sarcastic ok...reaching finals arent that bad, take it easy on her...

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
it's very important that kim wins the doubles tomorrow:)

if she knows the feeling of winning a slam then it will give her confidence and she will kick ass in wimbledon:)

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
Kim had an off day and unfortunately it was on a day the finals of a GS was being played ! She will be a multi GS champion in not much time from now !

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Unfortunately for her lleyton lost early and has had plenty of time on his hands.The poor girl looked exhausted! ;)
But seriously, it maybe because she did not get the opportunity to play a top tenner coming into the final. She isn't a very aggressive and as a counter puncher as long as justine played well she wasn't going to have a chance.
Justine on the other has evolved from the choker we once thought her to be and today out there she seemed to have nerves of steel.
Having said that, justine's chances are best on clay while kim could win a slam on any surface!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts