Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Els is a good doubles player. But she hasn't been able to ink a permanent doubles partner. She's played with Fujiwara, Svensson, Loit, Huber, Navratilova, Majoli, Tu, and most recently Bovina. At first I thought it was because her singles ranking isn't that high. But in truth Callens plays a lot of big events by entering the qualies. So what's the problem? Do players not like her or something?

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
I don't know, I'll be happy if Els could continue with Elena! Because Els needs a doubles partner who hit hard! She used to play and have success with Chanda and Meghann but they dumbed her!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
My biggest wish in the context of tennis is Kim winning a Slam, but my second biggest wish is Els finding a permanent doubles partner. She would have better results then because she is a great doubles player.

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
There once was an article about it.

"The Big players don't think I'm good enough".

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Her and Meilen seem to be pretty good together, I think they might enter some events, maybe the US Open. The thing is they got a bad draw getting Elena/Lina so early on in the tournament.

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
Quote from the article: The Belgian did let go of her doubles ambitions. "I belonged to the world's best in doubles for a long time, but Shaughnessy and Rubin both dumped me and it just isn't working quite as well with others. So nowadays I'm doing everything to improve my singles game"

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
She was playing a lot with Meilen Tu this season and won the Edgbaston tournament but this week in LA Meilen played with Janet Lee while Els teamed up with Bovina and in fact Els & Elena beat Janet & Meilen. She and Elena play the semis in LA tonight, so maybe they will play for a while as Elena doesn't have a regular partner.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Els is also very upset about the upcoming Olympics. It looks like the Belgian Olympic Team won't play doubles, while Els and Vanroost got the bronze medal in Sydney. I don't know why, but why doesn't Kim or Justine want to play doubles with her in Athens? It's also not sure whether Kim or Justine will play in Athens... I'd love to see Kim and Els together over there!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,394 Posts
babolat-blast said:
Els is also very upset about the upcoming Olympics. It looks like the Belgian Olympic Team won't play doubles, while Els and Vanroost got the bronze medal in Sydney. I don't know why, but why doesn't Kim or Justine want to play doubles with her in Athens? It's also not sure whether Kim or Justine will play in Athens... I'd love to see Kim and Els together over there!
yeah, that would be sooo great to see them play together, they're a great team..!

really hope Els finds herself a doubles partner, you go girl!! :bounce:

·
***** Emeritus
45,081 Posts
babolat-blast said:
Justine's focussing on her singles. And well, Kim would be foolish to end her double partnership with Ai.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Els in final LA. Hopefully that will help some players discover that there is a third Belgian in the top 100.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
I think Els rulez! Go Els and Elena!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Els is playing with Meilen Tu against at Toronto.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
yeah or for Fed Cup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.