Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was one of the great umpires then but I think she got too confident.
She calls the wrong score almost every match. Sometimes it’s unnoticed as she corrects it the next point but it happens way too often. The radwanska issue.

Here is another different example, in the svitolina-Kenin match.

https://youtu.be/amaDhOhwD3E

And there are many other matches.

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
Because she is the worst current umpire. No brainer.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It is very easy to forget sequences of events, especially when numbers are involved and especially after unusual delays and even with electronic devices and visual aids to help you.

American football referees sometimes forget what down it is. There have been occasions where teams have gotten 5 downs in a series.

With that said: There's no excuse for this and the WTA should hire someone else. It's not that difficult of a job.

·
Heaux
30,133 Posts
How does she get away with this over and over again but that one umpire who was borderline attacked by Pliskova in Rome for making one faulty line call was immediately expelled?

I would like to add that Cicak has always been incredibly overrated.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I think her eyesight is deteriorating as she makes so many incorrect calls compared to when she was at her peak. Either that or she’s mentally checked out and is just there for the pay cheque.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
At it again during the semi final.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
And not just once, several times

"Advantage... 40... 30"

"Looooove" .... 5 second break, looks at the screen ... "40"

Plus a bad overrule on a pretty slow ace right under her nose. Svitolina laughed even before Hawkeye showed it in, she knew it was good.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is very easy to forget sequences of events, especially when numbers are involved and especially after unusual delays and even with electronic devices and visual aids to help you.

American football referees sometimes forget what down it is. There have been occasions where teams have gotten 5 downs in a series.

With that said: There's no excuse for this and the WTA should hire someone else. It's not that difficult of a job.
Nah scoring in tennis is pretty simple.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

"Advantage... 40... 30"

Plus a bad overrule on a pretty slow ace right under her nose. Svitolina laughed even before Hawkeye showed it in, she knew it was good.
It was a close one so its fine. I have seen worst overrules in tennis.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
She's so arrogant, someone needs to bring her down to earth...

·
Banned
12,739 Posts
She has become mechanical and apathetic. There are only so many balls and lines you can have an interest in during your lifetime.

·
Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
2,845 Posts

"Advantage... 40... 30"

Lol. The one where she called “advantage” was pretty funny. I think she just got bored and checked out. Match not exciting enough for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
senility?

:shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts