Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the WTA championships when Petra Kvitova blasted Wozniacki off the court she complained of being tired. But Wozniacki is supposed to be a top atlhete and she's young. Now, Wozniacki lost to her good friend Aggie Radwanska and she has a wrist injury. I am not disputing that Wozniacki's wrist hurt I just think it is really tacky of her to use that excuse for her loss. Did Caroline forget she served for the match 5-4 up in the second set? Enough with the excuses. The Australians have a famous saying if you are on the tennis court you are fit. Excuses make Wozniacki look very weak and also someone that is crumbling under the pressure.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
What about all the other losses where there haven't been excuses? And as far as I'm aware Caroline herself has not mentioned her wrist injury , it's just been apparent for everyone to see.

·
Registered
32,634 Posts
Nadal is the worst offender and no mainstream media ever had the balls to call him out.
Mr. I-can-already-tell-my-shoulder-will-be-hurting-in-February.

·
Banned
13,355 Posts
What about all the other losses where there haven't been excuses? And as far as I'm aware Caroline herself has not mentioned her wrist injury , it's just been apparent for everyone to see.
Wozniacki, 21 years and who has not won a title in Grand Slams, was bothered by an injured left wrist. "I hope it's not a big deal. It bothered me, especially during the third set," said the Dane, who will examine her injury on Thursday. So you were saying? :lol:

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/sydney-2/2012/wozniacki-n-y-pense-pas_sto3100596/flashnews.shtml

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are tons of tennis players with injuries but they don't discuss it or use it as an excuse when they lose a match. Wozniacki got tight and she lost to Radwanska after serving for the match. Why not give Radwanska credit for fighting to win and not give up?

·
PharMaria Co. CFO
14,207 Posts
There are tons of tennis players with injuries but they don't discuss it or use it as an excuse when they lose a match. Wozniacki got tight and she lost to Radwanska after serving for the match. Why not give Radwanska credit for fighting to win and not give up?
:baby:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Wozniacki, 21 years and who has not won a title in Grand Slams, was bothered by an injured left wrist. "I hope it's not a big deal. It bothered me, especially during the third set," said the Dane, who will examine her injury on Thursday. So you were saying? :lol:

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/sydney-2/2012/wozniacki-n-y-pense-pas_sto3100596/flashnews.shtml

That's not in the context of making an excuse though. She's didn't say that she lost because of her wrist injury , or in response to the OP , use it as the reason as to why she lost the 5-4 lead in the 2nd set.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Oh please stop the BS, Caro always compliments her opponents, sometimes even too much. I've never heard her say, I lost because I was injured.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
What success??

Beating Schiavone and Jankovic? That were the only top players she beat 2011!

Or reaching two Grand slam semis by taking advantage of a good draw?

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
The best I've seen is commentators and others still going on about Rad's great long term shoulder injury and there she was kayaking and hanging on to a jet ski about a week after the season, all very well if we hadn't had to hear about her brave fight against extreme pain time and time again.I think plenty of tape adds to the sympathy.

·
Banned
13,355 Posts
That's not in the context of making an excuse though. She's didn't say that she lost because of her wrist injury , or in response to the OP , use it as the reason as to why she lost the 5-4 lead in the 2nd set.
:facepalm: She is not that dumb. Do you really see her saying I lost because of my wrist, she played the soft card here.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
1. Do not start threads with the sole intention of bashing a player or a fellow poster, or provoking fights between fans.

Reactions: Matt01 and volta
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.