Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I don't have any preferences.

Sorry to those out there who think I am treating the Williams sisters as a single entity, when they are two entirely different people.

But what about either of the two sisters is more appealing to you?

Maybe I love Serena for giving Maria beatdowns :lol:

·
Banned
10,668 Posts
I just was always kind of indifferent to Serena. I tend to not like extremely dominant players, but of course she's amazing. I just always found more of an idol in Venus.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the sisters being quite individual. I think a lot of people mistakenly believe that they are the same person but everything about them is different. The play differently, they look different and their personalities are different (at times they seem to be poles apart!!)

I suppose when you look at it that way there are plenty of reasons why some fans may like one more than the other.

I like them both - I think what each of them brings to the game individually is only enhanced by the fact they are sisters and seemingly very close to each other. Women's tennis would be in trouble without them!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
The same reason not everyone who likes Henin likes Clijsters, or everyone who likes Sharapova likes Dementieva. They're two different players, with two totally different personalities and play differently as well.

·
Golden State Of Mind
5,649 Posts
They like one sister over the other for the same reasons they like or dislike any other player(s). Venus and Serena are individuals and their familial connection shouldn't stand for more than what it is.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I like both of them cause they are simply great (people & tennis players).
I like Venus cause she's nice & sweet and Serena cause she always do what she wants no matter what.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I like only Venus because she is fly and Serena is not :D

Vee is so charming :)

·
Registered
23,543 Posts
why do you like your 1 friend and not another:p

@ topic: well its just the inner feeling..i like rena more than venus..

·
***** Emeritus
43,503 Posts
I like Venus her personality (or my perception of her personality anyways) way more than Serena's. Just a feeling...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Serena's nice, and Venus isn't.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
I prefer Serena's personality and game by far.
The older they get and the more they become their own person, the more I lean to the SW side.

·
Banned
4,328 Posts
venus appears to be more vulnerable than serena each time she is playing i feel scared that she is going to lose because she is not steely like serena.when she won wimbledon 2005 i jumped up and down with her and really felt her joy it was cool to see venus enjoying her moment in the sun.at first i didnt like serena when she used to ruthlessly beat venus in those finals but warmed up to her when she beat pova at the australian 05.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
I'm fond of both the sisters, they each bring something special to the game that appeals to me.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I know they are two different human beings,but i love them both.

·
Rena's Army
35,202 Posts
I love both as sisters because of how close they can remain even in this competetive sport (like it or not that's how everyone was introduced to them and how they will forever be known - the Williams sisters) and as individuals I love them both equally so I don't mind who wins if it's a final (but if it's early in a tournament I cheer for who is in form and who will have the better chance of winning the tournie)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Because they are 2 separate people? And there's no rule that says if you like one, you have to like the other? :p

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
For me,I like Serena more.I do care about the matches she plays,win or lose,whereas for Venus,I feel just like "yeah,ok,she wins"..or I don't feel sad if she loses.
I have this 'bias' maybe because Serena demolished Maria while Venus beat Lindsay before.;)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts