Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
122,512 Posts
Does Elena not want to be called Alyona?
I know of gymnasts Alyona Zmeu and Alyona Kvasha.

· Registered
1,753 Posts
That`s a very good question, tenn_ace. I don`t know why everybody else calls her that way, but I remember when I started doing it myself. It was two years ago at my 1st interview with her. I started the interview calling her "Lena", but then noticed that she called Elena Likhovtzeva and Elena Bovina - Alyona Likhovtzeva and Alyona Bovina respectively. After that I switched to addressing her "Alyona" as well, and as far as I could see she liked that name better. Maybe I was mistaken then, but I still call her only that way. :)

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Well I kinda circulate between the three!

· Registered
20,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fresh2flash said:
That`s a very good question, tenn_ace. I don`t know why everybody else calls her that way, but I remember when I started doing it myself. It was two years ago at my 1st interview with her. I started the interview calling her "Lena", but then noticed that she called Elena Likhovtzeva and Elena Bovina - Alyona Likhovtzeva and Alyona Bovina respectively. After that I switched to addressing her "Alyona" as well, and as far as I could see she liked that name better. Maybe I was mistaken then, but I still call her only that way. :)
thanks for your honesty, fresh2flash... I thought we should blame you for that ;) :lol:

· Premium Member
172,297 Posts
i hadn't called her Alyona before fresh started it off.
it was always Lena
but too many (E)Lena's around so Alyona stuck
i find Alyona easier to type somehow as well :eek:

never called her by Alyona though.
in matches-she's always Lena when i'm watching.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Yeah to me Elena Bovina is Lena, and Elena D is Alyona. I call her Elena when I cheer her on.

· Registered
9 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Yeah to me Elena Bovina is Lena, and Elena D is Alyona. I call her Elena when I cheer her on.

Nah, when I cheer, I just go "Go Dem! Go Bov! Go Lik!" :lol: ;)

It's too confusing to remember who I've callled Alyona, Lena, and Elena...so Dem, Bov, and Lik are fine with me. :D :lol:

My parents do find it strange when they see hear me in my room, yelling out "Lik! Lik! Go, go Lik!"

:lol:

· Registered
4,047 Posts
I call her Elena. I went through a 'phase' of calling her Alyona, but that only lasted about a month.
It just doesn't seem natural.
There's a girl in my media class called Yelena, and I call her Lena because I'm lazy, but Elena D is Elena.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.