Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm a ball person here in Amelia Island. I've checked all over and all it says about Anna-Lena is that she is "Out for personal reasons". If anyone knows the answer or just wants to agree or disagree please reply.

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,324 Posts
because she's too fat to walk. she's only able to roll and that is quite uncomfortable for tennis because you can't change direction fast enough.
:lol: :haha:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i figured that was it, the whole gaining weight thing. i think someone said she gained around 20-30 kilos (thats right, right? im not sure about metrics). i was so bummed when i found out she wasnt coming. shes been my favorite since last years bausch and lomb. im asking a rhetorical question: why did she gain all that? and how could she? im just wondering.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I've not seen ALG lately, but 20-30 kilos = 44-66 pounds! Although it's unlikely she's gained that much weight, I suspect some kind of personal issue caused her psychological distress, leading to her getting out of shape. She's a professional athlete. It's not like she'd suddenly stop training and start eating nothing but cheeseburgers.
Whatever the reason, she's had very poor results lately (she's only won 2 of her last 17 matches!) and her confidence must be quite low.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
She's taking time off to get herself completely fit both physically and mentally.

Her weight was SO obvious at the Australian Open!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. it obviously wasnt 20-30 kilos. maybe around 10. i knew her not coming to these american tournaments would be for the best, so she could get completely fit for the future.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
because she's too fat to walk. she's only able to roll and that is quite uncomfortable for tennis because you can't change direction fast enough.
:bowdown: :haha: :bowdown:

@gsmschruff unfortunately this comment comes very near to the truth
It's sad for ALG cuz she's nowhere near the shape and form she was when she broke through. I do wish her all the best and hope she gets her self together again , cuz she has a good game if she is in shape.Even in ANtwerp
I saw her match against razzano and saw her talents as well as discrepancies

·
Registered
890 Posts
After she fired her coach, the problems with her weight started. I think it's the best decision to have a break, because well she has no chance to play good tennis when she looks like that :confused:
But she visited a hospital in Cologne last month where they tried to find out reasons for her fast growing weight, but they didn't find any. I guess it's more than just too much food...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts