Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Jon's latest Mailbag:
Told that despite his win he was still No. 3 in the ATP entry rankings, Ferrero smiled. "That's s---, no?" he said
Why does Ferrero think it's shit? Both Hewitt and Agassi have won majors in the past year, and both have won other big titles. How does Ferrero deserve to be higher than #3?

Having said that, I would love for Juan Carlos to end the year at #1 :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Methinks this is a light-hearted comment from Ferrero, a tongue-in-cheek wisecrack, quip, jape, bon mot, whatever you want to call it. In other words, not serious. Come to think of it, the only player I can imagine saying that seriously would be someone like Gambill - he has that kind of overwrought intensity surrounding his persona.

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Gambill has said it, actually, when he was #3 on the Champions Race. He was angry. It was funny. :D I'll tell you, that boy is just a ripped body in search of eeeeeeeeeverything else.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ah yes, Gambill, he of the black-socked hyping fame, the man who boasted about his own performance after once beating Kuerten on American hardcourts, and the man who, when pressed for an opinion in Miami last year about the September 11 terrorist attacks, responded insightfully, "Yeah, it was a real shitty thing that happened to us, right?"

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
A player gets greedier once having tasted Grand slam fame. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts