Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting on the edge of my seat at 8-7 Harkleroad, ready to see the conclusion to this dramatic match, when ESPN2's Chris Fowler interrupted the conclusion to promote Agassi and Blake for a couple of minutes! I couldn't believe it! :eek: That was a bush league move by ESPN2! I see enough of Agassi and Blake as it is! I didn't need to have the dramatic and fascinating Harkleroad - Hantuchova match interrupted and have the momentum of watching this exciting match broken to talk about Agassi and Blake. That was stupifying! :fiery: ESPN2 only had to wait 1 morte game to talk about Aggasi and Blake. What were they thinking? :confused:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
i wish HBO would add an HBO Sports Channel to their five other million channels... all sports, all the time, no interruptions. that would be so nice...

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never even thought of that, Miss Love. That's a great idea! :D I really liked HBO's coverage of tennis. And with all the uneccesary channels they have, you would think they would come up with a sports channel by now.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
That's a no brainer :rolleyes: lol because it's ESPMEN! ;)

But anyway Im enjoying coverage today! :D They showed Dani-Ashley, some Chanda-Black, Henin-Kostanic (last game), and let me have a taste to see Mikaliean (sp?) against Serena! :)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
:mad: I hate ESPN. HBO tennis channel is an excellent idea. Maybe we should all write to them to see if we can get this to happen.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL at Julian! ESPMEN! That's priceless! :D But they are showing the women's matches today! :)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
the cat said:
I never even thought of that, Miss Love. That's a great idea! :D I really liked HBO's coverage of tennis. And with all the uneccesary channels they have, you would think they would come up with a sports channel by now.
i know... im so wonderful. lol

we have digital cable and have about 20 hbo channels, east, 2, west, west 2, zone, family, signature, two spanish hbos, comedy... youd think by now theyd have an all sports one. hbo is pretty good with coverage when it comes to sports that arent televised as often [like boxing and tennis]. and when nothings going on they can make us suffer through OTR and RS with costas[:rolleyes:] and gumble. and they can always show Arli$$ episodes. :D

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You don't like broadcasting greats Bob Costas and Bryant Gumble? :confused:

I never knew there were so many HBO's. LOL! That's just too many HBO's if you ask me.

And you're up early today, Miss Love! ;)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
the cat said:
You don't like broadcasting greats Bob Costas and Bryant Gumble? :confused:

I never knew there were so many HBO's. LOL! That's just too many HBO's if you ask me.

And you're up early today Miss Love! ;)
you can never have enough HBOs

i dont like bob costas. i hate his fake laugh. i swear he practices that laugh. plus he leans when he sits, it really bothers me.

do you ever watch On The Record? seinfeld was on there the other week... then annika and ice cube this past friday. his fake laugh with jerry... ugh. :mad:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
ah, quit yer bellachin'. Andre is a "star" :p

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Agassi is in the twilight of his career so they are going to even more over board...

At least we only have to put up with one lovefest since Andy lost...

hopefully agassi will win quickly ;)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I like the coverage today. *shrug* Most of us already knew the result and it's not like they interrupted the game in progress... they just stopped the tape. Perfect opportunity for a bathroom break. :)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
To answer your question, the Harkleroad match was on a tape so they could hold out as long as they wanted before showing that last game.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know the match was on tape, TH. But some people watching it thought it was live. They shouldn't have gone away from the match before it's dramatic conclusion. They should have waited 1 more game.

That's true, TC. Agassi is a star. And I was wondering if you were going to post something like that. And you did. ;) And I've quit my belly aching. Well, almost. ;)

I don't mind ESPN2 promoting Agassi and Blake. But they could have chosen a better time. Like after the Harkleroad - Hantuchova match.

Holly, I haven't seen "On The Record" in a long time. And I bet you want to smack Costas when he leans forward to ask questions. :eek: But atleast he asks real questions, and not just cream puff questions like most interviwers. Asking probing questions has always been his motto. That's how he almost got into a fight with Vince McMahon a couple of years ago.

But you make a good point about Costas' fake laugh! :eek:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I must say that although I'm critical of ESPN, they are giving alot of airtime to the 2003 French Open! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes, a lot but I'm feeling I'm wasting time most of the time in front of the tv . They didn't show the best match as I saw wonderful points from the highlight in YK's and Coria's and X-man's matches. They are dramatic as well and full of shot-makers.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
they're showing highlights again... they could have at least shown the entire harkleroad match... now I'm going to have to buy it... unless they decide to show it on espn classic like they did for andy's and younes' mat... wait... this is a women's tennis match, wtf am I thinking?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Next time my TV coverage stuffs up I am going to console myself with the fact that it couldn't possibly be as bad as this example. What absolute idiots! That was a great match, you'd think they's want to maintain the suspense, not kill it!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cariosity, there is absolutely no chance for Harkleroad - Hantuchova to end up on ESPN classic! No chance. But why on earth would they feature Serena's and Andre's match es again on the highlight show? As Miss Love would say, ugh! :( They showed Andre's match in it's entirity yesterday. Why have that dominate the hightlight show?

Well said Number1Kim! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts