Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an interesting thread about a player who lost his money and points and lost the possibility to become number 1. Yes it was about a male player, but it IS relevant to a WTA board, because the same thing could happen to a WTA Jewish player.

I don't understand why would someone delete an interesting thread when there are so many vapid threads on GM. :confused:

Or would it be too hard to ask for a section about tennis news that aren't totally related to the WTA?

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
A lot of things that happen on the men's tour can also happen on the women's - that doesn't make those things relevant to a WTA board when they're not happening to WTA players. (and no, I wasn't the one who deleted the thread)

I'll let Poe and amanda know about your request for a more generalized tennis news forum.

·
Banned
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At worst I don't mind the thread being locked, but it's kinda frustrating to post a reply and then pouf the thread is gone. ;) I really thought it was an interesting story, ITF decisions are closely related to womens tennis IMO, it wasn't just a random ATP result like Dent beats Fish lol.

·
26,899 Posts
I expected lockness but not deletion. :confused:

I guess the thread title should have been "Could this happen to Anna Smashnova" or something. ;)

·
Registered
46,728 Posts
Dr. Martian Bagel said:
There was an interesting thread about a player who lost his money and points and lost the possibility to become number 1. Yes it was about a male player, but it IS relevant to a WTA board, because the same thing could happen to a WTA Jewish player.

I don't understand why would someone delete an interesting thread when there are so many vapid threads on GM. :confused:

Or would it be too hard to ask for a section about tennis news that aren't totally related to the WTA?
A tennis news section is not needed. There's already a place to post news that is related to all aspects of women's tennis already on WTAworld.com - be it seniors, juniors, or even retired players.

We have two separate forums for a reason. It enables us to manage our infrastructure more effectively resulting in a far improved community experience for everyone.

·
26,899 Posts
The problem is: Sometime WTAworld-members would like to discuss not 100% WTA-related tennis news with other WTAworld-members.

MTF is often an unpleasant place.

·
Banned
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then on what section should be a thread about an ITF decision??? Like the thread who was deleted... The whole point of the thread wasn't really about a man player, but more about ITF decision regarding Jewish tennis players, and it includes both men and women.

·
26,899 Posts
It's their good right though. :)

BTW, this aahheeiiiii guy had posted three times before you hacked into his account. Okay, these posts were from January 2003. But he might come back. So I would prefer if you chose posters with 0 posts. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
It is their right, but you'd think they'd spend a lot less time deleting posts and banning people if they were a bit more reasonable. Maybe they just enjoy creating friction. :shrug:

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
Two products: one for WTA, one for ATP, i think it's only logic we try to keep those apart and are trying to create flow for the lesser known of the two

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
Because carot and his administrator or moderator's friends are dictators :D

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
ChelseaFC said:
Because carot and his administrator or moderator's friends are dictators :D
If they were, I (and others) wouldn't be here for different reasons (except for those who'd create new identities/IP's to post, which I personally wouldn't). And yes footballer, I realize from the smilie that you're just being funny, BTW.

·
Banned
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
carot said:
Two products: one for WTA, one for ATP, i think it's only logic we try to keep those apart and are trying to create flow for the lesser known of the two
Didn't answer my point, but thanks anyway. The thread which was deleted had nothing to do with the ATP.

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
FYI That thread was restored.

ok, continue discussion ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts