Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I just noticed the thread where someone posted that JJ and Verdasco were playing doubles together was moved. Why? Duh - this forum is called General Messages where all things in general should be able to be discussed. I asked about this years ago. I just don't get it.

Shouldn't General Messages be for just that? I would think that anything other than live scoring should be fair game in a so-called General Messages forum - and I even think on the real that there is nothing wrong w/live scores being discussed here. This website would still be getting just as much traffic if not more.

I mean, many folks only come to GM. Here's where they feel comfortable. That's what they like/love, so why can't they speak about anything having to do w/tennis here? I understand the concept that Mens' tennis shouldn't be discussed on the Womens' forum - but just barely.

When, what, where, how and why is it a fault/crime? And doesn't the owners get paid for clicks no matter where one is a clicking?

Talkin' 'bout micro managing. It makes no sense that anything relating to tennis can't be discussed here. The title of the forum is sooooooooooooooo misleading that it is not even funny. At times, it appears the mods just willy-nilly decide what can be discussed here w/hardly any foresight or forethought being employed. It seems the consensus is to feel the need to take folks by the hand and lead them to places to discuss what most astute folks know fall under general things as if they were children.

Again, to me, General Messages should be where one can come and catch up on things such as what was aforementioned above (JJ & FV). Stuff/subjects like that used to be allowed here. What changed may I ask?

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
You wasted 15 mins of your life writing that out. :yawn: I sure as hell isn't reading all of that.. :tape:
Any doubles = Doubles forum. It's not complicated. :shrug:

Although I think the doubles forum is a bit pointless.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
:rolls:

Maybe you should have actually found out the reason why it was moved before wasting all your time writing out a load of crap. :zzz:

And the doubles forum is General Messages anyway. It's a sub-forum.

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
I dno, I just think that doubles takes up such a small portion of threads in GM that it doesn't really matter. Not many people go into the doubles forum so instead of bringing interest to doubles it's taking interest away from it. I dno. :shrug: I know they want to make GM look a bit neater but I liked it when everything was clustered together. :shrug: It's all tennis..

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
If you're looking for an answer to your question, I'd suggest you read some of the other threads complaining about all the clutter of threads in General Messages that have previously been posted in this forum.

Not to mention the requests for a doubles forum.

etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.