Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to start this since that other thread has been floating around. Okay I'll start with why I initially disliked hingis, though that seems to be changing as she gets older and her behavior improves.

1) she's arrogant to an obnoxious degree.

2) she talks about other players. My mom always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

3)bad sportsmanship. ie french open 99

4) her quote that Venus would only be number one if she(martina) were no longer playing.

5)she made anna k cry on court down in south america

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
Jordan , the only thing we have in common is we both like Alanis, nothing else;)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Yay!Go Alanis!:bounce: :) :bounce: :) :bounce:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
She has shown in the past disrespect to the vetern and classy players. Steffie,Jana and Amelie.

When she won she was overly cocky and a bit of an smart ass.

Imho only a bit humble because she has been slamless for 3 years. I just don't think it's real humilty that is being shown to the world.

Jordan I got your PM will be e-mailing you soon.. :D:kiss: We have much in common.:)

Note I like Hingis's game alot.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
cybelledarkholmexx said:
I just had to start this since that other thread has been floating around. Okay I'll start with why I initially disliked hingis, though that seems to be changing as she gets older and her behavior improves.

1) she's arrogant to an obnoxious degree.

2) she talks about other players. My mom always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

3)bad sportsmanship. ie french open 99

4) her quote that Venus would only be number one if she(martina) were no longer playing.

5)she made anna k cry on court down in south america
I agree!!!!!!!!!

no 5 is not relevant for me, cause I don't like anna either.
anna is also arrogant (in my opinion) .

·
Registered
837 Posts
1. extremely arrogant and petulant for many years

2. affinity for bad mouthing other players other than letting her own fantastic results speak for themselves

3. Ungracious in defeat.

4. Demonstrated bad sportsmanship

5. Gets coaching from her mother during matches

6. Throws her raquet and has tantrums on the court

I admit she has gotten better over the years and she looks great this year and I was rooting for her in the final at the AO'02. She is an amazing tennis player and I enjoy watching her game..she is so masterful with her raquet! She still is a bit of a pill....

·
63,713 Posts
100% Agree!! But I also don't like Anna!! :p

BTW - I like her games but not personality! :fiery:

·
Registered
25,495 Posts
I used to dislike Hingis for the same reasons plus too many boy friends :eek: but seems she has matured a lot these days. Well, if she does not beat my Monica when they meet again, she is ok for me now ;). But I do admire her cheerful character and she seems to forget unhappy things very fast which I fail to do so and also her outstanding achievements on tennis.

·
Registered
837 Posts
oh, honey...I have not even started to be bitchy...I did not feel personally attacked...just thought your observation was rather lame and obvious...you know...that could have remained unspoken....:wavey:

·
Registered
623 Posts
.. I hate Martina Hingis because she always makes my heart dancing everytime she played against some giant to tennis like Venus , Serena , Jennifer ... I dislike Hingis because she always stays in my heart ........... I really can't take her out my heart ......

·
Registered
837 Posts
How dare you tell me to shut up you stanky batch for expressing my opinion?....Your flea bitten behind was in a thread earlier today stating :

Excuse me, but Adrian is allowed to dislike the Williams sisters for whatever reason he wants! GET OVER IT!! You're not going to change anyone's opinion with your constant whining or bitching.

You are such a rudy poo stinker...you really should change your name to ASSHOLE.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts