Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately ive been hearing alot of talk, mostly about Venus, about how players are not able to fix the weaknesses in their games. Many posters are slaming these top ranked athletes and not understanding why the cant fix their backhand,movement, or serve. My answer to this is the "flaws" in their games really aren't that major well at least when your talking about the top 20. They rarely lose so usually there is no incentive to fix their game, and when they begin to lose they may want to change some things however it is extremly difficult to change how youve been hitting a forhand your entire life. I know we all want our favs to improve, but lets be more realistic and not come down so hard on those who provide great entertainment to us all.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Boredom

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Because if a certain player doesn't fix the "flaws" in her game, and stops losing 1st round every week... she won't be in the Top 20 after Warsaw. :sad:

·
Banned
96 Posts
I never do because I know how hard tennis is when played correctly :wavey:

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
are you for real? Boredom does contribute and since i have been here, thats been the nature of this board for what would us arm-chair tennis players do besides analyze a game and players that most of us can't even play (that doesn't include me- btw- i play a mean doubles game with my partner and some friends on occassion)..chalk it up to human nature and the fact that a tournament isn't going on, so most of us have nothing constructive to talk about- like post 10 different threads on who beat whom..is that grammatically correct? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts