Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Australia she cramped against Davenport, won the match, and then won her QF match. In that tournament a few weeks later, she beat Capriati, Davenport, and Seles 3 days in a row - all in 3 sets. The final isn't until 8pm tomorrow, so Justine should be fine.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
And that Quarterfinal was against who exactly??

That's right, Virginia Ruano Pascual.

Oh, and it was 48 hours later.

Tomorrow is a lot different. About 20 hours before her next match, and against a more highly rested opponent, who happens to be the #1 player.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
LEt them think .. Justine doesn't have to do anything. Kim has the pressure and that's the way I like it :cool:

I trust Justine and Pat :cool: as long as she does the best she can I will be pleased ... if she wins I'm going crazy ;)

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VF - That was the Australian ;) You conveniently ignored commenting on the other tournament, which wasn't one with days off between matches :rolleyes:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think that Justine will be fine for the final. She is going to have some time to rest her muscles, and I think she has the mental edge over Kim. I am expecting Justine to come out smoking tomorrow. If she doesn't win, I still expect that Justine will put up a heck of a fight. Kim will not have a catwalk tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Justine said she was only having cramping problems on her serve. I don't think being tired is a factor. But then again its the excuse many Serena fans have against Clijsters at the Year End Championships ;).

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Being tired is rarely an excuse in my opinion. Players should be in good enough shape to handle these matches.

The only time I can think of it being an excuse is when one player has considerable more rest than another due to things beyond their control (like Agassi getting all this extra rest because of the rain and the USTA).

·
Banned
635 Posts
Justine will have enough time to recover. You have to remember that for most tourneys, there's only 1 day between matches.

If you want a previous example, look at Dubai.

Justine played an equally long match with Jennifer in the SF, and beat Seles the next day, also in a very long 3-setter. Also, it's like 100 degrees in Dubai, completely different from 60 degree nights in Flushing Meadow.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
If Justine was treated with an IV after this match, for dehydration, her chances of being 100% tomorrow aren't . . . 100%. Plus there's also a rumor going around that she had a workout after that?

She needs SLEEP if she wants to recover in time. That's the body's fastest healing process.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
sorry you people are WRONG. IF it makes you feel better to pretend that Justine will recover in 19 hours from a match like this then go ahead but the truth there is no way in hell that she will be 100% and yet she will give it her all. :D

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
TennisHack said:
If Justine was treated with an IV after this match, for dehydration, her chances of being 100% tomorrow aren't . . . 100%. Plus there's also a rumor going around that she had a workout after that?

She needs SLEEP if she wants to recover in time. That's the body's fastest healing process.
the workout I was talking about was after the fourth round.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
it was pretty hot and humid out there form what i heard and the way the players were sweating. and the match was so tough plus went the distance. i'm not counting out justine though.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
I'm assuming she may be too tired to win because she's already using tiredness as an excuse before the match starts! If she has said it herself, there is nothing to assume!

·
Banned
220 Posts
treufreund said:
sorry you people are WRONG. IF it makes you feel better to pretend that Justine will recover in 19 hours from a match like this then go ahead but the truth there is no way in hell that she will be 100% and yet she will give it her all. :D
Hey she will be 100%. As long as she has your pig's stick in her, she will be like a roaring lion. LMAO

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
treufreund - If she could play 3-set matches 3 days in a row in Dubai, she can play 2 here ;)

irma - I can see her having a workout after her 4thr ound, considering that match didn't last as long as daily practices do.

fifiricci - just like her excuse of cramps last night, huh? ;) Justine always has an excuse.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
jenglisbe said:
treufreund - If she could play 3-set matches 3 days in a row in Dubai, she can play 2 here ;)
She didn't play three threesetters in a row and she didn't play Davenport as you said in the first post. Check first b4 you try to make a point.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kristofke - Ok, Justine beat Capriati in 3 sets in the SF and came back the next day to beat Seles in a tough 3-set match (after having a 3-set match earlier in the tournament).

Then at 's-Hertogenbosch she beat Cervanova in 3 sets, came back to beat Petrova in 3 sets in the SF, and then took the first set from Kim when she choked.

She also had two 3-set matches against Dementieva this summer, and she came back the next day to win a match.

In other words, Justine has a history of not being tired after a 3-set match...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.