Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
49,001 Posts
I think its because they haven't been desensitized yet.

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
I don't know :lol:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Interesting question.

I think it has a lot to do with levels of success and/or attention the player attains. Most if not all Kim fans seem to be nice too. The truth is that once a player wins a slam (or gets a lot of media attention ie Anna, Maria or Andy on the mens) they become the target of 'haters' and this hardens their fans more than they otherwise would be because they have to defend against the often irrational, jealous onslaught.

Most posters on here are VERY loyal to their faves, so if their faves are often criticized they are going to learn to deal with that. Also people tend to defend their faves behaviour come hell or highwater and this may involve taking on board their player's views/feuds with other players etc. This can lead to conflict between fans too. Momo, like Kim, doesn't usually make controversial comments.

In short: the more controversial the player = the less nice their fans are.

·
Registered
32,994 Posts
Robbie. said:
Interesting question.

I think it has a lot to do with levels of success and/or attention the player attains. Most if not all Kim fans seem to be nice too. The truth is that once a player wins a slam (or gets a lot of media attention ie Anna, Maria or Andy on the mens) they become the target of 'haters' and this hardens their fans more than they otherwise would be because they have to defend against the often irrational, jealous onslaught.

Most posters on here are VERY loyal to their faves, so if their faves are often criticized they are going to learn to deal with that. Also people tend to defend their faves behaviour come hell or highwater and this may involve taking on board their player's views/feuds with other players etc. This can lead to conflict between fans too. Momo, like Kim, doesn't usually make controversial comments.

Kim doesn't usually make controversial comments.

·
49,001 Posts
Robbie. said:
Interesting question.

Momo has said beaucoup des controversial comments! Kim hasn't, but Momo sure has! Almost always towards a Williams Sister as well.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
What controversial comments has Momo made towards the Williams Sisters again? I can't seem to remember any. I know Momo said some stuff about how the tour is less intimidated by the Williams or that the Williams aren't as dominant as they used to be, but I don't remember hearing anything controversial from her. The most controversial thing she's done is coming out to the world.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,893 Posts
Momo, said people where going up to her at Wimbledon and asking her to beat the Williams...She also went on to insinuate that Richard arranges their matches. That second part I believe was reported but I don't think was ever verified. She's said some other negative things but I can't remember. Basically, the year at Wimbledon after Serena dismantled her in the Semi's when the most of the negativity was spoken by her.

Now saying that, Momo fans are the nicest on this boards hands down. :yeah: They have very little members that are atagonistic or egotistical.

Momo Fans Rock! :dance: :dance: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Because this girl is sport from hair to feet and we (I'm a nice fan of her :drool: ) try to be a little like her :p
that's difficult sometimes ;)

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rocketta said:
Now saying that, Momo fans are the nicest on this boards hands down. :yeah: They have very little members that are atagonistic or egotistical.

Momo Fans Rock! :dance: :dance: :bounce: :bounce:
:kiss:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
As much as I like certain Momo fans, I do think it's partly because she's not yet won a GS. When Justine started winning slams, some anti-Williams fans leapt onto her bandwagon - that hasn't happened to Momo yet.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
jaygee said:
Momo and Kim fans join hands, let's do a pagan ritual rain dance to bring a GS win by either player.
:lol: Good idea! Kim and Momo will have their day and lets hope their fans celebrate their success with a little more enjoyment and a little less offensive defence than some other players fans I could mention ............... the initials JJH spring to mind but I'm not starting that argument again .............

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
saki said:
As much as I like certain Momo fans, I do think it's partly because she's not yet won a GS. When Justine started winning slams, some anti-Williams fans leapt onto her bandwagon - that hasn't happened to Momo yet.
i think so too. the WS were actually popular (amongst tennis fans) before they started winning a lot. Justine was slightly more popular before Paris than now (that may not be the same reason). if Momo starts winning a lot, or realises her potential, or starts beating the top players more, she'll get a lot of criticism (eg J-Mac insinuating she's a faker) and then her fans will feel the need to defend her.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Robbie. said:
The truth is that once a player wins a slam (or gets a lot of media attention ie Anna, Maria or Andy on the mens) they become the target of 'haters' and this hardens their fans more than they otherwise would be because they have to defend against the often irrational, jealous onslaught.
Absolutely agree! Nastya and Andy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Because we're brilliant! And with the Slam thing- yeah, the fans get more hardened, but you also get a lot of bandwagon-jumpers who are attracted to whoever's winning. These usually are not nice people. But yeah, Amélie fans are great and usually not arrogant (with the exception of myself) or rude. I really can't explain this phenomenon too well, but that's because my brain is fuzzy and I'm still disappointed about that wonderful semi. :sad:

Reactions: ~ The Leopard ~
1 - 20 of 21 Posts