Votes: 62 66.0%
  • Masha

Votes: 32 34.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it will affect either one of them IMO as they both are very mentally tough, but still...

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
In Indian Wells? I'd hate to say it, but Maria will definitely be crowd favourite.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
they were hardcore for lena today. lena may have won them over???

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
OK... so I'm alone on this one? :p

I figured being on Sports Illustrated in a Bikini and being overexposed in America would make Maria crowd favourite, but if they throw rocks at her during the final and support Elena, I won't complain :)

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
I'd almost say Masha since she is American, but you just can't look past Elena!!! :D

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I think Maria will have vocal support, but Elena is becoming more and more popular in the US since the USO 2004.

I think as Elena is an underdog and will fight so hard, they will respond.

·
Registered
9,625 Posts
Prizeidiot said:
OK... so I'm alone on this one? :p

I figured being on Sports Illustrated in a Bikini and being overexposed in America would make Maria crowd favourite, but if they throw rocks at her during the final and support Elena, I won't complain :)
have u noticed the crowds at IW is mostly old people especially elderlys :lol:
I think they'll root for Lena as she is the underdog.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
elena had her own cheering section against jhhyou could hear them cheer for her so i say elena

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
cometz9 said:
have u noticed the crowds at IW is mostly old people especially elderlys :lol:
I think they'll root for Lena as she is the underdog.
I don't get American coverage, so I was unaware of this fact :p

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Anyone who thinks that an American crowd is going to be pro Elena seriously needs to get their heads checked.

#1. They want to cheer for Maria because she's AMERICAN - in fact she's the ultimate "Coming to America" dream story

#2. They want to cheer for Maria because she's a CELEBRITY and an uneducated/ignorant crowd will always cheers for the obvious

·
Registered
32,778 Posts
HillaryDuffFanBoy said:
I'd almost say Masha since she is American, but you just can't look past Elena!!! :D
:rolleyes:
btw nice username :spit:

flyguydsl said:
Anyone who thinks that an American crowd is going to be pro Elena seriously needs to get their heads checked.

#1. They want to cheer for Maria because she's AMERICAN - in fact she's the ultimate "Coming to America" dream story
:rolleyes:

Maria generally doesnt get great support in the US

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
if i was a new tennis fan and had watched the elena/jhh match, i'd be the biggest elena fan ever. oh wait..that sorta happened to me...except it was the elena/capriati match that converted me.

anyway, i'm sure elena won over tons of fans there, especially after being the first to take out the diseased dwarf after the faux AO final. allez elena :devil:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts