Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in the fallout of the AO, I considered all the people who decided that Jennifer wouldn't defend her title. And then, I remembered....

In one thread, sorry but cannot be bothered reading them all, someone declared that Jennifer, far from defending her title, would fail to make the semis. They were so convinced that they said that if she did make the semis, they would become a nun.

Anyone want to own up?

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
It wasn't me either, as I usually stick up for Jenn through such stupidity.

However - as the tournament wore on, and Jenn was injured I did pick Amelie to beat her than Kim to beat her.

At the start of the tourney I thought she'd make the semis and lost to Kim.

So I underestimated her in that regard - though I don't beleive I counted her out 100%, like some did :)

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Wasn't me either!!:rolleyes: I've got a BAR to tend..besides I'd have to have somebody join the convent with me...that's so's one Nun can see that the other Nun don't get NONE!!:confused:
barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Well, Jenn is by no means my fave, but I admit I was wrong in my prediction. I said she wouldn't drop a set before the final. I was wrong. She lost one in the semis too.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I remember that too!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
You may never know who said it because it's quite possible that the person really did become a nun after all, and nuns aren't allowed to post on tennis message boards.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Nuns aren't allowed to post on tennis boards. Really? ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Not me! :p

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I really don't know if nuns can't post TFD. I was horsing around. I wouldn't guess it's something they'd do.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Let's not make fun of the nun .... to be

PS. T'wasn't me.

·
YOU'RE WELCOME!
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK folks, just to let you know that I have now found out who it is and will give them the opportunity to own up...

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
thefreedesigner said:
Nuns aren't allowed to post on tennis boards. Really? ;)
nope....the head nun at the catholic school i used to study in was an internet addict!
she was always talking about her e-mails and stuff......so she probably posts on messageboards....gosh, i hope she doesn't post on this one
otherwise those recommendation letters would be out of the window

1 - 15 of 15 Posts