Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Ive been overseas for a year and only came back for the Australian open My fav is personaly Alicia Molik. I was just wondering If Serena and Venus are still the most popular womens singles players ?

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,688 Posts
ASTRID said:
Hi everyone. Ive been overseas for a year and only came back for the Australian open My fav is personaly Alicia Molik. I was just wondering If Serena and Venus are still the most popular womens singles players ?
"Still"? Who said they've ever been? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
25,217 Posts
ASTRID said:
Yeah, pretty much. Maria Sharapova is moving up in popularity. And of course, Monica Seles will be one of the most popular players long after she's dead. But nobody near the top compares to Venus and Serena in popularity. (Kournikova may technically still be active. I don't know if she retired or not.)

BTW, your fave showed great at OZ. If she wins a couple big tournaments, she'll be a real fan fave. She's cute, she's got a big game, and she'll a real nice person. How she handled those drug accusations against her doubles partner showed character AND loyalty.

·
Banned
322 Posts
ys said:
"Still"? Who said they've ever been? :lol: :lol:
boris yeltsin and vladimir putin both have confessed there undying love for the sisters on numerous occasions.

lenin perceived two african amercin sisters would use tennis as a guise for crushing capitalism in his little know novel "The Two Black Sisters From the Ghetto Who Smack Down on Capitalism"

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,688 Posts
Aretha Franklin said:
boris yeltsin and vladimir putin both have confessed there undying love for the sisters on numerous occasions.
Which sister each of them got to love? Yeltsin must have gotten Venus. He is a tall man. Well, whatever it is , it's an honor anyway. :wavey:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Volcana thats exactly what I wanted to know. Alicia is so popular in Australia now shes even converted non tennis fans here into fans. The TV ratings for channel 7 (The channel who hosts the tennis) were enormous and Australian fans like me had alot to look forward too over the two weeks. Serena was also very popular shes really knows how to entertain a crowd. Also she always had alot of funny things to say after her matches when shes got interviewed by Jim Courier. :)

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Currently it's a cross between Serena and Maria. I think Serena slightly edges her though....most people know who Serena is. The average non-tennis fan MIGHT know who Maria is.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Maria is just about the most hated and loved on this board...I'd say from my observations that Alicia, Venus, Daniela and Elena D are the most popular. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gossip said:
where did you go?
did you have fun

good looking girls and guys!!

check out this site www.tennisgossip.com

it's cool
I actually Live in Australia been here since I was 4 but Im not Australian. Im from Mauritius its an Island and I went back there for a while. But yeh Australia is gorgeous. And yes there are lots of good looking girls and guys ! You should visit one day ! I live in Melbourne.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
my experiences here on the board is that the most loved player by some is the most hated player by others

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.