• Neither

Votes: 23 23.5%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venus or Serena?

They were both streaky in 05. Both did not start 2006 off well and are both injured. So who do you think will re-establish themselves at the top. Neither? Both? Let's hope so!

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
I think they both can.

Whether they will or not, nobody really knows anymore.

They aren't as young as they once were either. These girls need to get their acts together.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Both. Everyone always discounts them, and the continue to prove themselves, time and time and time again. I have faith that they will rise and shut haters up AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Serena's drive is so great, and that's what makes her so hard to beat even when she is not playing her best...but I think Venus is more likely to bounce back, her focus seems greater. But both can (and I think will) bounce back sooner or later and play like we all know they can.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'd go for Serena, because she's the better player. She has better command of a greater variety of shots. If she can get back into athletic shape, she can come back very strongly. Venus is a better athlete, and always has been, but her tennis is too frequently marred by technical imperfections (her forehand, her 2nd serve).

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think both can & will, but if I had to pick one it would be Venus. She is in better shape & played a better overall year last year...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Neither, atleast not this year.

And Serena's not injured -- she's merely "resting," AKA exploring her other options as her tennis ranking plumits.

·
Premium Member
28,059 Posts
I think Venus she is fitter and works harder and i think is more dedicated to Tennis and wants it a little more.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Both without a doubt.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Serena. All you have to do is put a McDonalds burger on the tennis net and put Serena on an elastic cord at the baseline and watch her smack the hell out of the ball to get that burger.
She will be number one in 2 months time.

For Venus, you just hold something big and gold in front of her and shes ready to go.

Reactions: Chrissie-fan

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Wannabeknowitall said:
Serena. All you have to do is put a McDonalds burger on the tennis net and put Serena on an elastic cord at the baseline and watch her smack the hell out of the ball to get that burger.
She will be number one in 2 months time.

For Venus, you just hold something big and gold in front of her and shes ready to go.
:rolleyes: How original.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
I think Venus would be more likely to bounce back...cuz she learns a lot from her matches. And everytime she gets on a roll, she seldoms back up.
As for Serena she could win this, but lose the next.

·
Premium Member
13,968 Posts
If I could choose only one I'd say Venus, simply because she looks fitter. But both are likely to come back strong. I'm sure Serena will at some point get fed up with losing to girls that don't belong on the same court with her and get herself back in shape.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Vee

Reactions: sunset

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
serena shes more consistent.

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
Both, never underestimate the Williams sisters!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts